What's new

Anyone picked up War Of The Monsters? (1 Viewer)

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator
I've been playing it off and on (due to time constraints) and I must say that it is excruciatingly difficult.

It's a fairly good-looking game but, oddly enough, I preferred the more simplified approach at E3--now the controls are basically Twisted Metal except that you're controlling a humanoid creature (this makes it a bit hard to come to grips with).

I like it, but I suggest you rent it beforehand just to be on the safe side.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I bought it and returned it the next day, due to its difficulty.

It just wasn't as fun as I'd hoped.

(I got the Sonic Mega Collection for GC instead. Man, is that great!)

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
difficult?? It's a melee game, so most of the time you hit the main buttons to smack your opponent. If you want to climb, fly, or grab stuff, then it takes a little more coordination to hit a different button, but I don't know how this game could be so hard to learn. I don't own a PS2, but I went over to a friend's house and was good enough to lay the smack down after just 30 minutes of playing. It even has an auto-target feature for distance weapons.

If I had a PS2, I'd definately pick this game up. It's really fun and hard to put down in a melee battle with the win/time limits turned off.

TedT

Second Unit
very, very, very HARD game (I've only played it on the "easy" level). Also, everything moves WAY too fast. Wish I had rented it.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Incog Games = Cheap A.I.

The premise of War of the Monsters is incredibly cool. A neat idea. The game has a great look, great graphics, great character design. Kudos to all of this.

But every frustration expressed with WoTM (volleys of missiles from offscreen pummeling your characters, enemy AI constantly filling up their energy) was also somewhat present in Twisted Metal Black. Being so low to the ground (making it easier to hide) in TM:B makes it easier to forgive the cheap AI, but in a game like WoTM, it's more noticeable.

~j

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator

Have you played the 1P mode? I'm sure it's child's play to whale on your friends when you "hit the main buttons" but that doesn't fly in the one player contest.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
No I haven't, but I've played 4-player melee with 2 of those being AI. I think the AI and controls are just fine from playing that mode. The MP part of WOTM alone would be enough for me to buy the game.

EdR

Second Unit
Ah, very useful thread as I was planning on picking this up. If the gamers here say it's too hard, then I'm sure it'll be too hard for me ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks