1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone picked up The Two Towers for GC?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BertFalasco, Jan 1, 2003.

1. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

Seeing as this game was released today (1/1) I suddenly became anxious to read about any pros and cons. I am looking for a new game to play and I was getting excited over Bloodrayne as my brother has it for XBOX but unfortunately many reviews concluded with the "worth a rental" pitch. I wouldn't mind some hardcore Gauntlet Legends type battles. Please post comments regardless of console, but interested in GC primarily.
    Edit: Is TTT in 16x9 and/or progressive scan?
    Thanks for any input.
    -Bert
    PS- Ghost Recon: GC- 1/29/2003 1-36 players, you know what that means [​IMG]! (I would really like to get a modem adapter because I am so jealous of everyone interacting on XBL. Any word on if [unfortunate] AOL users can access GC online, or does Nintendo have their own internet service to deal with?)

2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

3. BertFalasco

BertFalasco Supporting Actor

Thanks, I am heading out to school. Best Buy..their little sum it up in a paragraph says that GR for GC is online, but I trust you [​IMG].
    Damnit! I'll get PSO..crap no keyboard/mic.
    -Bert

4. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

5. paul_v

paul_v Second Unit

I played a little of the PS2 version of the two towers. It's really cool how they blended the movies into gameplay. It seemed pretty short though. After about 3 hours I was close to halfway through. Granted you can play it through with three characters so there is some replayability. I would probably rent it first unless you really like to collect LOTR stuff

6. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I've got TTT for the PS2 and I love it so far. However, I've only been able to play it up to the point where the actual movie starts as I've yet to see TTT in the theaters! Argh!

7. MattMB

MattMB Agent

I picked this FotR: TT today when EB said they did not know where the last in store copy of Mario Party 4 got off to. I'm glad I did now that I've started playing. I'm usually not a fan of the hack and slash games, but being a HUGE fan of LotR makes this enjoyable, and who knows, it might make me check out the other games in the genre that I've been ignoring.

I've very impressed with the graphics, the movie to game cut scenes and the sound, both game play and music. I have the S-Video cable on my GameCube and I noticed that the movie intro was somewhat "jaggy." Too bad this game is progressive compatible, it would have been stunning.

8. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

As someone recently bitten by the LOTR bug, I really like this game. (For a comparison, I bought and then eBayed the FOTR xBox game within one week. That game was kind of a stinker.)
    Many reviews I've read compare this one to the old Golden Axe game, and it is a lot like that. Hack, slash, arrow, combo move, hack, slash, etc. How well you kill enemies does matter, as there's a point system after each level that allows you to purchase powerups and combo moves.
    I played all the way through with Aragorn, and it took me more than three hours. But I die a lot in games like this, so don't go by me. There's a lot of 'unlock' features and one secret level at the end that I can't get halfway through.
    All in all, a lot of fun - though I'd give my eye teeth for an all-immersive LOTR RPG for the xBox! [​IMG]