Anyone picked up or tempted by Frequency?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by paul h, Nov 30, 2001.

1. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

I am, so far it's got great reviews from Gamespot (8.7) and IGN (9.0) and if nothing else most of the bands that have tracks in this game are right up my street!...

Paul Oakenfold, Orbital, The Crystal Method, DJ QBert, BT, Dub Pistols, Lo Fidelity Allstars, Ethan Eves, Freezepop, No Doubt, Fear Factory, Orbit, Akrobatik, Powerman 5000, Curve, Roni Size & Reprazent, Meat Beat Manifesto, Funkstar De Luke, Juno Reactor, Jungle Brothers, The Symbion Project, Toni Trippi, DJ HMX and Komput Kontroller.

2. Drew Dockery

Drew Dockery Stunt Coordinator

My copy from Amazon arrived yesterday but I haven't had time to check it out yet. I should get a chnce to play it some this weekend. I'll post a quick review after I've had a couple of hours with it.

3. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

Yeah, I've been very tempted to buy this one. Just about every single artist featured is a favorite of mine from that genre. I mean, Meat Beat Manifesto, Oakenfold, etc, even a few industrial acts. [​IMG] I'm in heaven!
    It's funny, although I have MGS2, GTA3, and all the other 'benchmark' titles, I have been playing a little inocuous title called 'aqua aqua' pretty much nonstop lately. [​IMG] I prefer those 'fast action puzzle' titles, and Frequency sounds right up my alley.
    It is my understanding, I apologize if I am wrong but Frequency was initially going to be one of the first games to utilize the PS2's online features. The developers were not afforded the time to do this. There is most definitely going to be a sequel and again, correct me if I'm wrong [​IMG], but I think it will involve some kind of chat/personals feature! Strange!
    Cheers,
    Joseph

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

This game is on my Christmas list. After playing a demo, I was hooked!

5. Drew Dockery

Drew Dockery Stunt Coordinator

Ok, I just tried this "for a few minutes" and played 3.5 hours. I can't really describe it any better than the IGN review did, but this is definitely one fun addicting game. The best way to sum it up: easy to learn, difficult to master. Yes, the soundtrack ROCKS. The few artists on here I wasn't familiar with I'll be listening to pretty soon I'm sure.

6. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

Do they have a track list anywhere, like on their website or in the manual?

7. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

This game and Rez both look very interesting to me.