What's new

Anyone pick up the new U2 Vertigo Live DVD? (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Oh yeah. The video is as close to high definition as you are going to get on a standard definition source. The sound comes in linear PCM stereo, DD and DTS 5.1. It seriously rocks, although Bono's voice is a little shot.

I got the special edition, I have not checked out the second disc.

- Steve

Luis Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
I got it, I also went to the Miami show on monday. Let's just say it was the best concert I've been to.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I can't wait to get this! It sounds like the quality is excellent. I bought both 'Rattle & Hum' and 'Slane Castle' earlier this year. I'll be glad to add this one to my collection as well. I'm a bit skeptical about the track list though. There are a few songs I would've loved to see included which aren't. As it turns out, when the Vertigo tour hit Toronto, they changed up their set list and performed the songs I wanted to hear. It's just too bad they're not on this release. Regardless, I'll definitely pick this up.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I started watching it last night, the quick pans, out of focus, lets not keep on one band member for more than like 3 seconds was a little annoying.
There was a thing in the beginning that had me laughing, where Bono takes some kid that's maybe like 13 at the most out of the crowd and starts walking off with him. I can only imagine the parents of that kid.
"Bono is stealing my child! Oh Noes!"

I got the single disc, I didn't know there was a special edition, damn Wal-Mart. But at $15 it's fine. Considering I didn't really like a lot of How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, the songs they played from it were probably the better ones. I still got the Elevation Tour Live from Boston and Slane Castle and Rattle and Hum to keep me happy.

The version on here of "Elevation" is probably my favorite version where Bono has the audience sing part of it with just The Edge and Adam playing some minor stuff in the background then in the middle of it, they just explode into the song.
I'm bummed that "With or Without You" isn't on here, I loved it on the Live in Boston dvd he had some girl come up on stage and he basically sang it to her. Poor Mrs. Bono. Though she is hot so I think Bono knows what he's got.

But it looks and sounds nice though, no special stuff on the single disc... grrr.

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
I disagree with nick. I think the director did a fantastic job of cutting this concert together. It's the same guy who directed their Elevation Tour Live from Boston concert DVD, which is also fantastic. I thought the concert was amazing. The picture and sound are both top notch, even better than Elevation, and I really liked the song list. I loved the versions of Original of the Species and Yahweh. I also loved hearing One again after all these years. Overall it's a great selection of songs dating back from the their first album until How to Dismantle and Atomic Bomb. If you're a fan of U2 or are even mildly interested in them, you must run out the door right this very second and make the purchase. You will be so very happy you did.

Cheers,

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks