Anyone pick up the new 3 Doors Down album?

Discussion in 'Music' started by John Garcia, Feb 16, 2005.

1. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Is it any good? I like the first track they've played on the radio and I will likely pick it up this week, just curious if anyone had any comments on it. I liked both of the previous albums.

2. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Screenwriter

I haven't picked it up yet, although I will if reviews are good. 3 Doors Down frustrates me, because there are moments of genius on their first two albums (the first more then the second though) but they castrate themselves musically by writing for the radio. These guys have a truly brilliant album in them, but I don't know if they'll ever make it.

3. John Garcia

John
    I liked the first album better also. I picked it up a while ago, and it sounds a lot like the second album. Will give it a closer listen tonight and tomorrow and post back.

4. John Garcia

John
    WTF? BIG FBI warning label right on the CD! As if it wasn't enough to put it on the case...

Well, after a number of listens through the whole thing, the only thing I can say that there isn't any one song that really shines on it. There are a few that I like, but nothing that really gets my attention and will be catchy enough to be playing in my head (whether I want it to or not) like Kryptonite did. It's a little too consistent across the album; little variety. It's a good album, not a great album.

2.5 / 5

5. Chris-V

Chris-V Stunt Coordinator

If you liked the first album, you'll like this one. If you found the second album to be a little to slow or not quite energetic enough, you'll think this one is an improvement. They've remained true to the formula, and there are no surprises, but the songs are consistently catchy and good background/driving fodder. Not sure I'd sit in a darkened room and just let it wash over me, but I don't think it's intended to be that kind of music.