What's new

Anyone own the Sony ns900v SACD/DVD player? (1 Viewer)

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
What are your thoughts on it? Keep in mind this thread is not intended to rehash the endless debates of whether SACD or DVD Audio is a better format.
I just want to know about this player, how it perfoms as a regular CD player/SACD player, CD transport, and of course it's video performance?
As for it's video abilities I'm only interested in it's interlaced performance as I don't yet have a TV that accepts progressive scan in puts.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Brian, you might want to conduct a search on this site, as this player has been discussed quite a bit. Unless multi-channel SACD is a must, I feel it behooves anyone looking at the 'NS900V to look at the Sony DVP-S9000ES as well. The 'S9000ES only plays stereo SACDs, but it is an excellent audio and video component. Tweeter is closing it out for $800, which is a steal. My brother bought one six months ago, and it is truly an excellent machine. I have limited experience with the 'NS900V, so I can't really help you there. Build quality of the 'NS900V is good, but not nearly as good as the 'S9000ES.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks