Anyone own the Sony ns900v SACD/DVD player?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Steeves, May 22, 2002.

1. Brian Steeves

Brian Steeves Second Unit

What are your thoughts on it? Keep in mind this thread is not intended to rehash the endless debates of whether SACD or DVD Audio is a better format.
    I just want to know about this player, how it perfoms as a regular CD player/SACD player, CD transport, and of course it's video performance?
    As for it's video abilities I'm only interested in it's interlaced performance as I don't yet have a TV that accepts progressive scan in puts.

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Brian, you might want to conduct a search on this site, as this player has been discussed quite a bit. Unless multi-channel SACD is a must, I feel it behooves anyone looking at the 'NS900V to look at the Sony DVP-S9000ES as well. The 'S9000ES only plays stereo SACDs, but it is an excellent audio and video component. Tweeter is closing it out for $800, which is a steal. My brother bought one six months ago, and it is truly an excellent machine. I have limited experience with the 'NS900V, so I can't really help you there. Build quality of the 'NS900V is good, but not nearly as good as the 'S9000ES.