What's new

Anyone own the new Zenith R40W46 RPTV? (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Does anyone own this TV, and if so how do you like it? How is picture quality with satellite & DVD's? The price sounds too good to be true for the features. Thanks.

Chris Sherman

Second Unit
I'd be interested to know as well. An HD 40" widescreen for under $1000 amazing. Could make a great second TV set. MY local Costco has been selling an Akai 42" HD for $999.00 for several months , it is supposed to be made by Samsung and identical to their 42" model. Amazing how fast the prices are coming down , just like dvd players have. Of couse the new HD cable ready sets are coming out anytime now , eliminating the need for a seperate cable box for HD cable. I personaly don't mind the box and I think you still need it for on demand and PPV programing.
Back to the main subject anyone seen this set? I believe it's the one dishnetwork is "giving away " to new subscribers.

curtis_h

Auditioning
It is amazing how these HDTV's are coming down every year. If anyone else has any information about this set please post it. I am really interested in it too. I hope to buy a set in the next month or two (hopefully). I am inbetween the zenith R40W46 and the 42" Akai at Costco for the same price roughly ($899 to $999).
The main questions I have are, is it possible to place a receiver and dvd player on top of the zenith. I know you can't on the akai as it has a small curved top. The other question, is the akai too low for optimal viewing? At Costco it is on a steal rack so it is higher that it would actaully be on my floor. I know they sell the samsung base at circuit city but I would like to avoid buying it because if in the future I were to return the set due to it not being completely satisfactory I would not want to be out $100 and stuck with a worthless stand. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Iver

Second Unit
This set doesn't seem to have done very well in the marketplace. You can look it up on Amazon. They started selling it last year but have since discontinued it. But they still list it. There are a couple of lukewarm user reviews there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks