What's new

Anyone own Rocket RS1000s? (1 Viewer)

CurtisSC

Screenwriter

One thing to remember, multi-channel/hi-res audio has a dedicated bass/LFE channel. So to reproduce it as intended implies the use of a subwoofer, or you will be redigitizing the LFE/.1 channel into the mains.

Also, the best location for the subwoofer is usually not where the mains are located.

Mark LS

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not trying to criticize his decisions, and I don't have any comparable expertise. I'm just trying to learn more about these speakers. That said, I have never been a fan of mains with powered woofers, so I would prefer to wait to listen to 850s that I have heard about.

I would still like to hear more impressions of them though.

++++++++++++++++

Greetings from Hong Kong...

I don't wish to tread into any controversial waters here by posting away on why this design makes sense to me, or what decision making process went into going this route... :)

I can e-mail with you easily at [email protected] or [email protected]

Or...

You can ask at our forum...

Please understand that I recognize where your questions are coming from, and while I'd love to "tell all" here... I would guess I'm better off not doing that and inviting direct discourse via the above...

Humbly...

mls

Mark LS

Stunt Coordinator

There is a very complete discussion of this and how the "Progressive Matrix Array" works on our site... It hands off the information "Progressively" as the signal rises in Frequency...

In this case your understanding is not correct... In fact, it's actually far off track... The PMA allows for greater ease, and "presents itself" as sort of mini-monitor-like at the higher frequencies... VERY easy on the driver and transition to the treble area...

Thank you...

mls

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks