Anyone own or extensively auditioned the M&K K series?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by JonathanOh, Jul 8, 2003.

1. JonathanOh

JonathanOh Agent

Hi,

Anyone own or extensively auditioned the M&K K series?

I am WAF challenged. She says that when we move to a bigger house or redo our family room (make it bigger) I can get real speakers. By this she means good sized bookshelves--my eye is on the Paradigm Studio 40s or maybe the M&K 750s. I took my wife in to see the Studio 20s...too big [​IMG]

Until then, I am in satellite/small bookshelf land.

I have auditioned the K7s with K5 and K4s for surround. They sounded great but then again, so did the NHT SB/SC set up I heard. The Kef 2005 (eggs) sounded good too.

I am also going to check out Energy Take 5.2 and Encore (yet a different store).

Anyone own the K-Series?

2. Brendon

Brendon Second Unit

Jonathon,

I've only just seen your post after searching for something related to my own M&K's.

I own the K Series myself (K7's across the front channels, the K4's (tripoles) for the rears (x2, only a 5.1 configuration) with the K9 sub.

I'm using them with a Pioneer VSX 2011 THX receiver (European model - US model Pioneer Elite TX-45 I think).

Drop me a PM and I'll write more - don't have quite enough time to write a fulsome review of them right at this moment.

Cheers,

Brendon