What's new

Anyone own Coin-Op systems?? (1 Viewer)

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
I know most people around here don't like this game much but, I have a Dragon's Lair. In the future (when we buy a bigger house) I hope to get a Space Ace and DL2 among others. I paid about $800 for it and it was well worth it as most sell for over $1000.

But back to the original question:
Is there anything I should be aware of before this big purchase??
I would say make sure you have the room for it as they are big, bulky, and heavy.

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator

I love all three.

I'm curious: how are the maintennance issues on it? I hear they can be a real bear once the LD player starts to go--any issues with that?

Keith M.

Second Unit
Thanks for all the great info...

The Galaga/Ms.PacMan/PacMan machine is brand new. It has been re-released and comes with a 1 year warranty. It is around $3200 which is a little over $1000 per game but all in one cabinet. They even re-released the cocktail table version...
Dragon's Lair must be cool, I spent so much money on that when I was younger...

I have an XBox and PS2, but there is nothing like the classics of my youth. Anyone remember Frontline, Satan's Hallow, or Moon Patrol??

BrianS

Stunt Coordinator
Great thread!

I am also considering buying the new Mrs. Pacman, Pacman, Galaga. Here's all the specs & info on it: http://www.namcoarcade.com/nai_gamed...p?gam=mspcglga

I have a store near me that said they would sell me the smaller home version for $2500 or the larger version for either $2900 or $3000 (I can't remember which). I was hoping for a cheaper price but the other sites & ebay all seem to be this price or more plus shipping.

They also seem another one that has 3 or 4 games on it which is also brand new. It is about $3300 and it has centipede, millipede, bowling, missle command and one other game I think.

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
Moon Patrol is one of my all time favourites!! I can't believe somebody else mentioned it. I would love to get my hands on it as well as karate champ with the two joysticks.

Does anybody know of a seller in the toronto area?

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I was keeping an eye out for one, I want one pretty badly. My dream machine is the 2-screen, 6 player X-men beat 'em up. Of course, it wouldn't even fit in the door of my house =) I would like to pick up a Galaga, Ms Pac Man, Street Fighter II or alpha 2/3, Tekken Tag Tournament, Soul Blade/Calibur, etc...

James D S

Screenwriter
Anyone know a site with good instructions/plans for making a MAME stand-up cabinet?

I currently own a Mortal Kombat coin-op but would like another cab for the classics. Something about the simplicity of those great games never gets old...

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator

I have the board for that game, but I have it set to run on a single monitor.

Still a great game after all these years :)

James Zos

Supporting Actor
Brian, that Landing High room is just sheer beauty. A lot of times people will collect obsessively, but they won't display their collection well. I myself wouldn't ordinarily care that much about model airplanes, but your room is simply stunning.

paul h

Supporting Actor
Shinobi is the one i want ... oh and Green Beret, Quartet (anyone else remember that?), Gauntlet, Super Sprint and the full size Ridge Racer would be nice :D

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Brian, that Landing High room is just sheer beauty. A lot of times people will collect obsessively, but they won't display their collection well. I myself wouldn't ordinarily care that much about model airplanes, but your room is simply stunning
Thanks...having some cash and a *very* understanding wife helps a lot.

The Landing High is a lot of fun, and goes well with the theme. I'm glad I found an English version (the Japanese version has Japanese text, but English voices) with English text.

It was a pretty brand new machine.

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
I'm curious: how are the maintenance issues on it? I hear they can be a real bear once the LD player starts to go--any issues with that?
When I bought it it had a refurbished laser disk player installed. That was about 4 years ago and it still works great for me. Of course with those three games your need to remove the laser disk player, before moving the cabinet, so the disk readers don't get jarred around. Many arcade owners didn't heed this warning back in the day and that's why they started to skip and breakdown.

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator
Nashua, NH? My parents live in Bridgewater (which, even for NH, is the sticks).

Maybe I'll drop by next time I'm out to play some LD games ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks