Anyone own a Philips DVDR1000?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick Pudar, Nov 25, 2001.

1. Nick Pudar

Nick Pudar Agent

I have my sights set on this DVD Recorder. I'm looking for a real-user review. Also, what is your source and price for the DVD+RW media.

Nick

2. JohnJB

JohnJB Stunt Coordinator

The Philips DVDR1000 is the dogs bollocks, had mine about 2 months, do not buy the Panasonic version unless you never make mistakes (funny, you'd be the first person ever) as it's crappy DVD-R i.e. make mistake (as I have just about every time I've recorded something) the turns into coaster.
    Anyway that's the negative stuff out of the way, the beast is beutiful, I mostly timeshift from UK digital satellite which mostly broadcasts in anamorphic widescreen (not HD) I'd say SP two hour mode from this source looks like a good DVD (slightly less resolution, but more than made up for by lack of edge enhancement)
    I timeshifted a certain Trilogy (evil guy, deep voice) and the 2:35 anamorphic (on my 56" rear proj.) is better than I expect the eventual DVD to look, I know you dont want to beleive me, but I seriously believe this to be true.
    You can add chapters where you like, create user defined thumnail pictures for upto 48 titles per disk, which you can select from said disks menu.
    I pay circa US $14 from www.insight.com for 4.7GB DVD+RW blank disks.