Anyone own a Marantz av560 DolbyDigital DTS Pre-Pro Tuner

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin. W, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Just curious if anyone has had any experience with the Marantz AV560. I saw one for sale and was wondering if it would be worth a look to replace my Denon 1801 in another move to seperates. How much would one be worth used if anyone has an idea
    Kevin

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Kevin, I think I looked at that model when I got my AV9000 pre over 2 years ago. It didn't have the THX curcuit but did include a decorilation circuit for surround speakers. It lacked the AC-RF demodulator for LD that I wanted. It was a small, short component compared to the tall AV9000. It did come with a RC2000 type remote. Mabe you ought to look for a closeout or used AV9000? But, you can't have mine! The 9000 has more inputs and is just bigger and better, IMO. Best wishes!
    ------------------
    Rachael, the big disc cat! "...in a democracy it don't matter how stupid you are you stille get an equal share..."
    I survived the AFI top 100 Film Challenge! I've seen them all.

3. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Thanks for the info. Right now I'm not really looking for something with many inputs, features, etc. Just looking for DD5.1/DTS and be able to hook to my amp(Rotel RMB 1066). Figure if I can get this for the right price and sell my Denon to cover the cost would it be worth it.
    Kevin