What's new

Anyone out there in college? Here's a cool question/money making movie related idea! (1 Viewer)

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
As most of you are aware, I'm trying to find 16mm prints of HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS. A few prints were struck of a 5-10 min longer version. The studio (and Dan Curtis)no longer has any of these prints and attempts to find private collectors with them have proven unsuccessful so far. Here's the latest effort:
During the mid to late 1980's these 16mm prints were rented and shown at repertory theaters and colleges. Most colleges have some kind of film history program. At NYU, we had a study center apart from the library where we could view and study 16mm prints of several hundred films that were kept by the department.
So, if you are currently going to college, can you ask around to see if there's a film collection and if there is one, see if they have any prints of HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS? It may be stored under the title DARK SHADOWS as that was the working title. If you find one, I'll gladly give you a nice $200 finders fee, which I'm sure would come in handy for a college student!
:)Dark Shadows Movie restoration site

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
I don't believe a library is just going to give a print for free. I'm not asking for anyone to acquire the print, I just want to know if campus has one and what collge dept it is. Then I can negotiate with the library and make a deal to have it borrowed and copied.Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks