What's new

Anyone out there affected by the tragedy? (1 Viewer)

Youssef

Stunt Coordinator
John,
Thank you for your encouragement and understanding. Your statement is one of the most profound and thoughtful ones I have heard in a while. God Bless.

Steven K

Supporting Actor
my friends family restaurant burnt down last night as an obvious form of hate crime
Well, I've never known of any crimes that were committed out of love. Lets not label it for anything more than it is, a crime. To do so just gives the perpetrator more fuel and furthers the discrimination process.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
My wife is a trusts and estates attorney at a large law firm. She and most of her department spent yesterday afternoon providing legal advice (pro bono, of course) to survivors of the nearly 600 employees of Cantor Fitzgerald who are still missing. Practical questions like how to obtain a death certificate when no body has been recovered (you need it for things like insurance claims, probating a will, etc.).
She said the hardest moment was walking into the hotel ballroom where the survivors had gathered and seeing the tables set up just as they would be for registration at a convention. Only the signs didn't have the usual letters of the alphabet (you know: this table if your name begins with A). Instead, they had floor numbers: this table if your missing loved one worked on the 103rd floor.
M.
[Edited last by Michael Reuben on September 16, 2001 at 11:46 AM]

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
I am not directly affected. But I live in OKC so I know what they are going thru and it just makes it that much more painful.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
So far I haven't been directly affected, but my friend Omar called up sounding worried yesterday. Seems he hadn't bought an American flag since he bought his first home last year, and he wanted to get one ASAP. I'm guessing that he was concerned about what Youssef above was describing. Omar's neither Moslem (he's an atheist like me) nor arab - he's half-Indian half-Japanese. But he is a swarthy asian looking fellow with the name of Omar so I guess he and his wife are somewhat concerned. I had to give him one of my older flags because every store around here has been sold out.
[Edited last by Dennis Nicholls on September 15, 2001 at 08:22 PM]

Bob_Mandel

Stunt Coordinator
So far, luckily, I do not believe I am *directly* affected, but unfortunately, with 5,000+ dead I believe everyone will have a six or less degrees of separation from this tragedy. One of the PR reps had a friend's sister-in-law-to-be on one of the planes. My brother-in-law's parent company was located on the floor in Tower One that the plane hit. 400 missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks