What's new

Anyone ordered and received Alison Krauss *New Favorite* SACD from circuitcity.com? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I just ordered the Alison Krauss + Union Station New Favorite SACD from www.circuitcity.com for $13.99, which is also their price for the standard CD. What seems odd about the SACD, besides the low price, is that the web site says that this is a pre-order item, which obviously is not correct. The e-mail confirmation I received refers to the disc as a "pre-release" in one section and as a back-ordered item in another section. Has anyone received this SACD from circuitcity.com? I am wondering if I will receive the standard CD, which I already have. It is strange that the SACD and CD are priced the same, especially considering the fact that circuitcity.com has the Krauss Forget About It SACD for $21.99. I am just hopeful that the fact that the disc I ordered is listed as a pre-order/pre-release/back-order item and the standard CD is in stock is a good sign that circuitcity.com is aware of the distinction between the SACD and regular CD.

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
Keith,

I had planned on ordering this from Circuit City myself along with a couple of other sacd's but backed off due to the confusion on their listing. I ordered it direct from Rounder for $17.99. Interestingly enough, they also sell the cd at $13.99 so I hope you get the correct disc. (BTW, "Forget About It" was also $17.99 on the Rounder site).

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Micahel, I'll give a report as to what I receive. My plan is to order the New Favorite SACD through Rounder if circuitcity.com doesn't come through. I already have Forget About It and Now That I've Found You: A Collection on SACD.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Keith,
Good luck. I hope all turns out as planned. The skeptic in me says if you think it is too good to be true it probably is! Anyway, I have bought New Favorite and Cowboy Junkies Open from Rounder. Rounder was very easy to deal with and I received my disc in 4 days. I would gladly order from them again. I have at first been impressed with CC's vast assortment of sacd , only then to find out they were on back order:angry: Let us know how it works out.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dan, will do. I remember the problem you had getting the New Favorite SACD from J&R. Hopefully I will have better luck with circuitcity.com. I am hoping that the SACD is simply on back-order.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Well, here is progress. After getting a multitude of e-mails from Circuit City saying that my New Favorite SACD was on back-order, I got one today saying that it shipped! Woo-hoo! Now I hope I really get the SACD. The CD never showed as being on back-order on circuitcity.com so I am optimistic that I will receive the SACD. Besides, I know that Amazon only got the SACD in a couple of weeks ago, and an Elusive Disc newsletter from last week advertised the SACD as just coming back in stock. Perhaps the Stones production run slowed up production of New Favorite after the initial run. I have yet to see the New Favorite SACD in a brick and mortar store. Anyway, I'll post my thoughts assuming I get the SACD.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
How Ironic, I just filled the 222ES today and New Favorite was in slot 1:D Can't wait for Live to become available and I will only order from Rounder to get it asap.
Enjoy!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Dan, when Live comes to SACD, I might just order it from Rounder too. Hopefully the SACD will be priced cheap like the CD. The CD set is a steal.

Jeff Keene

Supporting Actor
There is something to the "pre-order" status of the New Favorite SACD. ICE magazine had it listed as a new release in December, too. I have no idea what's up, since I have had this title on SACD for sometime, but something's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks