1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone order (receive) the Simpsons form Buy.com?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marvin, Oct 5, 2001.

1. Marvin

Marvin Screenwriter

Marvin
    I pre-ordered this DVD from buy.com and they had it listed as 'back ordered' when everyone else was shipping it. But based on all the problems people have been reporting, I'm not upset about that. By delaying shipment, perhaps they'll get a new, non-defective batch of these DVDs. Or at the least, this gives me a chance to cancel my order until I know the problems have been addressed.
    I see that they now list the DVD as shipping within 24-48 hours but my order status still shows 'on order'. So, has anyone out there ordered and received this DVD from buy.com? If anyone has received it, are you having any problems with it? Thanks

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Major titles are not making it out from Buy.com
    The end is near people ;(
    Jeff Kleist

3. Ben_S

Ben_S Agent

I'm still waiting on mine.

4. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

I must have gotten lucky. I ordered the Simpsons along with Citizen Kane on the 19th and received them by the release date.
    Actually, I didn't notice anything different in their shipping patterns. I received my discs as timely as I always have.
    Chad

5. Marvin

Marvin Screenwriter

Marvin
    Chad,
    So how was your copy of the Simpsons?

6. Greg_P

Greg_P Stunt Coordinator

Marvin,
    If dates will help you track your order in any way. I ordered mine on Thurs. Sept 20th from Buy.Com and received it on Fri. Sept 28th.
    Hope it helps.
    Greg

7. Marvin

Marvin Screenwriter

Marvin
    Actually, the reason for my question was that I wondering if copies received from buy.com are showing the problems as copies purchased elsewhere.
    For the record, I ordered mine on 9/19 and perhaps it "fell" out of their system somehow (that happened once before on a pre-order). If buy.com copies are showing the same defects, I may be better off cancelling my order for now.

8. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

Marvin,
    If you are asking about the problems that seem to have plagued many with the 3rd disc -- I don't have any of the mentioned problems, haven't had any problems whatsoever. (Using a RP-91)
    Chad

9. Will_G

Will_G Auditioning

Haven't posted in awhile. I too order Simpons from buy.com of the 19th. I still haven't recieved it. I inquired to them about it and they said that it was backordered and to expect it in 1 - 2 weeks, from today!!. I'm not dying to get my hands on it, but it concerns me that someone who ordered after me already recieved their copy. Hopefully I didn't fall through the cracks.
    --Will

10. Marvin

Marvin Screenwriter

Marvin
    Chad..yes that was what I was asking.
    BTW, I just checked my account info and it says it was shipped yesterday. I sure hope I don't have to return it.

11. Greg_P

Greg_P Stunt Coordinator

Hey Marvin,
    No problems with my 3rd disc. I've got a Panasonic A-110.
    Greg