What's new

anyone order an SVS recently? How long did it take to ship? (1 Viewer)

John_V

Agent
I just ordered my very first subwoofer, an SVS 20-39 PCi.

I'm so excited, that I can't even wait for SVS to send me the FedEx tracking number...I want to know when I'm going to get this baby!

Has anyone ordered a PCi recently, and if so, how long did it take for you to receive it??

Tom Booth

Auditioning
I ordered a 20-39PCi on Sunday the 14th, it shipped on the 15th and I received it on the 18th. I definitely was not expecting it so quickly! Unfortunately I have to wait until Christmas to open it. :frowning:

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have the measurements on how big the box is for the PCi 20-39? My friend wants to order one and wants to know if he can fit it in his car... I can't remember how big the box size was?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Dan, the PCi 20-39 is a cylinder sub. It's 39inches tall.

FYI, if you're looking for car subs, you'd probably be better off building one. Cars behave very differently than a room in terms of bass acoustics. Plus, if you're looking for thumping (boomy) car bass, SVS is not the place to find it.

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Dan,

If you are after the size of the shipping box that's 20x20x44"

This may not sound large but I suggest a minivan or SUV.

It's nearly impossible to fit on in the back seat of a car FWIW.

Ron

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
John,

PCi's are shipping out in 3-5 days typically lately. The holiday rush, despite all our planning, hiring extra help, and large factory we now use, it's been impossible to keep up. You shouldn't wait long, but watch for a UPS traking number not FEDEX.

Ron

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator

SPLs are SPLs, and if the SVS can't make a car bump then it sucks. We know that's not the case.

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
LOL - can you just imagine...

"Mommy Mommy - I want a SVS 20-39PC+ for Christmas!"

"A What??!"

WayneO

Supporting Actor
I got my boxed 20-39PC+ in the back of my Licoln Mark VIII with just a little wiggle........but it takes up the whole back seat obviously.

James L

Auditioning
Unfortunately, I'm not having the same experience as Tom Booth. I had originally ordered a 20-39 PCi on the 15th through the website, but changed my order to a PC+ on the 16th after speaking with a rep there. I called to follow up on the 19th where I was told that I would definitely have it shipped out on the 22nd. Still no confirmation yet. Not happy, not upset either, just anxious. I should have maybe ordered this sooner instead of during the holiday rush, perhaps.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
You have to remember that they have just moved into new facilities and also shipping this time of year has to be the pits. It will never get to you fast enough but if it makes you feel any better I waited over 3 months after the announcement of the PB2+ before I got mine. At any rate even if it does not get there for a few more days you will soon forget about it because it will be jaw dropping! Thats how much difference an SVS makes.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

I would covertly connect a sub cable to the SVS - as it sits wrapped up behind your tree and start to break it in NOW!! :D :D

Tom Booth

Auditioning

Nice idea :D . Fortunately for me I dont live at the same address as the SVS, or unfortunately as the case may be. :wink:

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
James,

The holiday rush and spot shortages of parts here and there (usually resolved in a matter of a few days, but it can vary) certainly can slow the occassional order, but if you were told your sub would "definitely" go on the 22nd that was just plain wrong. We can't definitely say any such thing until UPS or Bax Global (for the larger box subs) is pulling away from our docks. There are simply too many things that can intercede.

I do know this for sure. You are literally THE next PC+ sub scheduled to go out. UPS will be varying some as we do the Christmas end game but if it's not today then FRI or Monday almost certainly. Even we take Christmas day off (though I know some of the crew would be in the shop if there were any shippers working that day. We HATE being behind demand ;^).

I know the crew already has you marked down for a free t-shirt for the delay you have gone thru too Jim.

Hope that helps some.

Ron

James L

Auditioning
Hi Ron!

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate the fact you guys are making an effort with my order. I guess I'm just a bit anxious for my sub to arrive (and I realize the timing of my order is not ideal!). It's also that I've never really ordered anything significant through the internet (sight unseen) like this before. I can hardly wait for this thing to arrive! Once again, thanks!

Sean>D

Auditioning
I ordered a PB2+ on the 19th and am waiting on it to ship. I'm not impatient, just extremely anxious. Just received my Denon 3803 last night and my Rocket RS750/200/300s should be here on the 29th.

I'm actually a Bose convert! Gotta give me some credit though, the Bose crap is 7 years old (meaning I made that bad decision a long time ago!!!)

I can't wait until everything is delivered and hooked up.

Sean

Justin_Brown

Auditioning
It took approximately 7 days from order date to have the B4+ Shipped to Australia and I believe our B4+ was the first ever in this country.

Given Australia's distance from the U.S I consider this turnaround to be quite extraordinary.

James L

Auditioning
Like Ron said earlier, it's taking longer than I had originally expected, but it's the holidays, after all. I assume that there is a mad rush to try to get all of the late orders out for Christmas....it's understandable (I'm still on pins and needles waiting though!)...Hell, I know I'd want to take a break during this time if I were working at SVS!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Waiting is never easy when it comes to HT. All my SVS orders have shipped within a day or two after my initial order with the exception of one. They were having a hard time with keeping the dB 12 driver in stock.> (supplier related)

Sean>D-- WOW! Sounds like you definitely did your homework this time around and made up for your past not so wise decision. Been there myself. Denon 3803, Rockets and the PB2-PLUS. What a difference that will make. Maybe you should find a way to glide on in to the big change you have coming up? Your hart might not be able to take such a drastic jolt? Congrats

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Sean>D.. I will second the above post.. We will have identical systems... Just does not get any better than this for the price or even double the price as I see it. Major happy camper here!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks