What's new

Anyone observe audio dropouts on Steely Dan *Everything Must Go* DVD-Audio disc? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I've had the Steely Dan Everything Must Go DVD-Audio disc for about three weeks now, and just tonight, I observed a couple audio dropouts on the stereo track played through a Denon DVD-3800. The dropouts occurred on "Lunch With Gina" and "Everything Must Go". Both times, I had the display on the player turned off, so I couldn't see what it was doing when the dropouts occurred. I never noticed dropouts before tonight on this disc or any other. Could it be the disc or is there a problem with my player? I have not heard of any problems with audio dropouts on the '3800. Anyone?

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
I must have played this disc at least a dozen times already, especially "Everything Must Go", because that's my fave so far.

No problems here. At least not yet.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Al, thanks. I've played the disc a number of times and did not notice dropouts until tonight. Now, I can't remember if I listened all the way through "Lunch With Gina" and "Everything Must Go" until tonight. They are not my favorite tracks on the disc, so I may not have listened through them completely before. I'm playing Donald Fagen The Nightfly right now to see if I observe any dropouts there.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
As an update, I played through The Nightfly without incident. Perhaps I have a bad copy of Everything Must Go.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I also played through Hotel California without a problem. It's looking like the Steely Dan disc is the problem, not the player.

cwhite

Second Unit
Do the drop outs occur in the same place over repeated plays?
If so, my take would be the disc and it simply may need cleaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks