1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone notice this about the Gamecube?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Donnie Eldridge, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Supporting Actor

There aren't any racing games. Sure you'll have your karting games, but not much else has been announced. I currently own a Dreamcast and loved the fact they had so many. I put off purchasing a PS2 for a GC hoping this would be the console of choice. Apparently I was wrong.
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

2. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

Nintendo recently did a survey of a majority of their customers (if you picked up a Virtual Boy during the August blowout, you probably got one) and found that since driving a car was out of the reach of most of the Big N's customers, they decided to limit the availablity of such games to prevent (what NoA termed) "psycho-traumatic episodes resulting from unreasonable expectations." Hence, "karting" games will be available, but racing games involving high-performance adult-oriented vehicles will not.
    [Edited last by James D S on October 10, 2001 at 06:23 PM]

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

LOL!!!

4. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Are you talking about realistic racing simulator games, Donnie? Because if you're just talking about racing games in general, I think the Gamecube has a fair number of them already. Wave Race obviously fits the bill, as does Extreme G3.
    After seeing a ton of racing games on the N64, I'm hoping that they won't release so many on this system. But then again, that's just me.
    BTW, are you joking around, James? Did that survey really happen. It's almost too crazy to be true.
    ------------------
    -J.Fo
    "Why do I always get a warped one?"

5. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Supporting Actor

Yes, I am talking about realistic racing games. Looking for stuff along the lines of EA's F1 series, NASCAR, and Lemans. If you have links I'd really appreciate it.
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

6. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

Jeffrey,
    Yeah, I'm joking. I was hoping that by putting in the Virtual Boy reference, it would be clear, but after reading it with the VB in, it seemed more plausable, strangely.
    [​IMG]