What's new

Anyone notice this about the Gamecube? (1 Viewer)

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
There aren't any racing games. Sure you'll have your karting games, but not much else has been announced. I currently own a Dreamcast and loved the fact they had so many. I put off purchasing a PS2 for a GC hoping this would be the console of choice. Apparently I was wrong.
------------------
My DVD Collection

James D S

Screenwriter
Nintendo recently did a survey of a majority of their customers (if you picked up a Virtual Boy during the August blowout, you probably got one) and found that since driving a car was out of the reach of most of the Big N's customers, they decided to limit the availablity of such games to prevent (what NoA termed) "psycho-traumatic episodes resulting from unreasonable expectations." Hence, "karting" games will be available, but racing games involving high-performance adult-oriented vehicles will not.
[Edited last by James D S on October 10, 2001 at 06:23 PM]

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Are you talking about realistic racing simulator games, Donnie? Because if you're just talking about racing games in general, I think the Gamecube has a fair number of them already. Wave Race obviously fits the bill, as does Extreme G3.
After seeing a ton of racing games on the N64, I'm hoping that they won't release so many on this system. But then again, that's just me.
BTW, are you joking around, James? Did that survey really happen. It's almost too crazy to be true.
------------------
-J.Fo
"Why do I always get a warped one?"

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
Yes, I am talking about realistic racing games. Looking for stuff along the lines of EA's F1 series, NASCAR, and Lemans. If you have links I'd really appreciate it.
------------------
My DVD Collection

James D S

Screenwriter
Jeffrey,
Yeah, I'm joking. I was hoping that by putting in the Virtual Boy reference, it would be clear, but after reading it with the VB in, it seemed more plausable, strangely.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks