What's new

Anyone notice animated smilies that aren't animated? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I was just scrolling through the following thread:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=68150
Much to my surprise, the laugh smiley (:laugh: ) in one of Earl Simpson's posts and the chatter smiley (
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif
) in one of elMalloc's posts are not animated. It's like someone hit pause. I only noticed that in this one thread. For example, when I pull up the "Get More" smiley window, these smilies are animated. I noticed that Earl and elMalloc used these animated smilies in a row of smilies. Is this some sort of bug in the system that won't allow smilies to be animated when used in a row of smilies?
Let me try something out.
:) :frowning:
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif
:laugh:
[EDIT] Hmmm. My animated smilies are animated! :confused:

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I looked at the thread and the aforementioned smileys are animated on my browser. I'm using IE 5.5 on Windows ME. What are you using?

If you're using Norton Internet Security, it has an option to disable animations. But it would tend to block all animations, not just ones on a particular thread. But it's something to check anyway.

KJP

Ike

Screenwriter
If you are using a scroll wheel, clicking the scroll wheel and scrolling like that will cause the animations to stop. Also, hitting Escape can make the animations stop.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Kevin and Ike, I don't know what happened before, but the animations are working in the thread in question now. For the record, I'm using version 6.0 of IE with Windows ME. I do have an Intellimouse, but I wasn't scrolling. Also, I didn't hit 'escape'. I don't know what happened, but it ain't happening now. :)

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I believe there are a lot of things to stop animations. If you click one of the smilie icons on the left while writing in the reply box this stops all animations on the screen, for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks