Anyone notice a shortage of the Xbox HD pack?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott FP, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Scott FP

Scott FP Agent

I placed a order for the High definition pack for Xbox back on 11/12 through Best Buy. It is still backordered. I've read else where on the forums that it seems that Xboxes are still getting cranked out at a decent rate.

Anyone else order through Best Buy? Is there a real shortage of the HD packs? I haven't called Best Buy yet but I'm starting to wonder if I'll see thing by Christmas.

2. Peter Loan

Peter Loan Second Unit

My store was sold out as well, and has been since launch day. Since I have a part time job there, I went into the back and found a couple of open box HD packs, so I was able to get one. It works beautifully because you can use your own cables, as well as the unshielded ones that come with the pack. HALO in DD 5.1 and hi def is an EXPERIENCE.

3. Butch Smith

Butch Smith Stunt Coordinator

In all the stores Here in huntsville (there are LOTS) I have only seen two MS HD packs myself: one of which i bought...

4. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

When the xbox first came out in my area, there were plenty of HD packs and Advanced AV packs here. In fact, it was practicaly one for one...that is, for every regular AV pack in stock, there was another HD pack in the shelf above it. This was at FutureShop BTW. Maybe more people have HDTV sets than we thought?

5. DaveM

DaveM Extra

I was able to find HD packs but only 1 or 2 at each store I visited. Since I am in the non HDTV crowd and my only component inputs are being used by my DVD player, I needed the Advanced AV pack. That took 4 days to find one and I got the last one in the store. All in all I think that the Xbox accessories in general are in short supply in stores. Ah well, I got mine and thats what matters [​IMG].

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Tonight, I must have gone to 6 stores looking for the component cables for GameCube and at least 3 stores had X-Box HD packs, but only one or two left.