Anyone need a DVD case for there Lord of the Rings collection?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Chris Will, May 4, 2004.

1. Chris Will

Chris Will Screenwriter

Chris WIlliams
    Well I have found the perfect solution. If this has been brought up before then please forgive me. I found a website where you can order DVD case for, well, many movies. Here is the link: Design Paul Champagne DVD Collector's Cases

Go to the series and sequels category and about have way down on the second page you will find the Lord of the Rings cases. I think that they look great. Plus they are not made out of some cheap paper or cardboard. He makes them out of either gold or silver anodized aluminum and brushed gold or silver ABS. Some may think that he prices are a little high but imagine the work he puts into these. I think the price is good based on the quality. He has 2 sizes for the LOTR, one for the theatrical editions and one big enough for the EE. Go take a look! Below is a picture of the case for the TE. Both sides of the same case. The EE version looks the same but bigger and with the Tolkien symbol on top.
    [​IMG]
    I just ordered the TE one today and will let everyone know what I think when it arrives.

2. Ben_@

Ben_@ Stunt Coordinator

An old roommate of mine has one of these for his set of anime (Rurouni Kenshin, dont know the spelling). They are very nice and high quality, if you're gonna go all out.

3. David Levy

David Levy Stunt Coordinator

new member posts obscure link for a 'friend'? hmm...

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

David..huh?

5. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

Looks really cool. I might buy one for the theatrical versions.

6. Devin_C

Devin_C Stunt Coordinator

Also on the LotR Trilogy case supply note - If you're in Canada, you can order RotK from Rogers Video and they will give you that ugly case that the theatricals will be released in. I'm sure there must be some similar deal from vendors in other areas...

7. Andy_Bu

Andy_Bu Supporting Actor

Not sure what you are talking about here but this is hardly obscure.

I have purchased from this site before (specifically the Gasaraki box set) and was very pleased!

Andy

8. Chris Will

Chris Will Screenwriter

Chris WIlliams

Not a new member and I have no idea who the guy is. I actually found his website through this forum or the AVS forum months ago. I just ordered one of his case and thought that I would pass along the information about what I think is a nice case. I'm pretty sure that there are going to be many LOTR fans who will have all 3 movies and no case to put them in. I'm pretty sure that most are not going to buy the 3 disc set just to get a cheap paper box plus 2 movies they already have. I just liked the case and figured that a few people here would to. Think what you want too, I don't care. All I have to do is to decide if I'm going to get the EE case as well. Just trying to pass along some information to my fellow LOTR fans.

9. Peter Svensson

Peter Svensson Second Unit

Yes, Paul has some very nice cases to most of the famous "series" as Terminator, Jurassic Park, Alien, Batman, James Bond, Harry Potter, X-Men, Indiana Jones, Predator, Spider-Man, Die Hard, Hallowen, Matrix, Robocop, Star Wars and many more.

He is currently working on a special case for the Kill Bill movies for those who wants a better looking case than the japanese limited boxset. So stay tuned! I don´t think it´s expensive, if you keep in mind what people are willing to pay for an edition with a nice case, and these are aluminum cases. I haven´t ordered anything myself yet, since swedish customs is likely to snatch it and then it´s a expensive case. But there is a company in Sweden that sells parts of his collection and when they get the ones I want I will definitely buy them.