Anyone looking forward to the upcoming A Perfect Circle release?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Tab Nichols, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Tab Nichols

Tab Nichols Stunt Coordinator

APC as their sophomore effort being released on Sept 16 I think. Im pretty stoked about it...

I get to see them in concert this Saturday, which is strange, as they are touring before the release of even a SINGLE from the forthcoming release.

However, Im sure it will be great.

They have a pretty new lineup these days... James Iha (old guitarist from Smashing Pumpkins) and "Twiggy" from Marilyn Manson have both been picked up recently, however neither of them had any part in the recording of the new CD.

So, is anyone as excited as I am?

2. Ryan_C

Ryan_C Second Unit

Count me in Tab, my most anticipated album of the year I think. They have release a single though, to radio anyway, called "weak and powerless." Very cool song with a wicked bassline pushing it.

You might want to check out the soundtrack to the movie "Underworld" as well. APC is on there, as are several songs with Maynard.

3. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

i know i'll be buying it as well as the new kmfdm when it comes out in september. i can't wait.

kevin t

4. Mark Romero

Mark Romero Second Unit

5. Iain Brown

Iain Brown Agent

Count me in as another that can't wait for this album.
    I've heard 5 of the new tracks so far and they all sound great - my favs so far are The Package and The Outsider.

6. Todd Smigelski

Todd Smigelski Stunt Coordinator

I heard 'the package' live in concert at a small venue in Detroit. Excellent song. Kinda reminds me of a long multi-layered Tool song like lateralus.

Yes, I too, am anxiously awaiting this new APC cd.

"Spiral out",

Todd

7. Peter Mazur

Peter Mazur Second Unit

I will definitely pick this up.

8. StevenW

StevenW Second Unit

HELL YESS!!! Im dying to hear the studio album. I saw them on Lollapalooza and the new songs sound absolutely amazing. The Outsider will probably end up being my favorite song from them....amazing, amazing chorus. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Tab Nichols

Tab Nichols Stunt Coordinator

Well, Im glad to see that there are a few APC fans on here! Great news!

I finally heard Weak and Powerless, but only because I downloaded it... sounds decent, good bass line. I can twait to hear the rest. Hopefully they will play a bunch of the new stuff so I can finally hear it.

What were your favorite songs from their first release?

10. Peter_A

Peter_A Second Unit

I'm also looking forward to it.

On another note, you guys should check out the single REV 22:20 by Puscifer featuring Maynard James Keenan, Danny Lohner. It's so good! It's featured on the Underworld soundtrack. I'm also trying to get hold of the single for Bring Me The Disco King (Loner Mix) - David Bowie featuring Maynard James Keenan & John Frusciante, it sounds like it could be interesting.

11. Robert_eb

Robert_eb Supporting Actor

I'm looking forward to this release as well. With the state of music as it is today, it's nice to know that there is still some powerfull albums being released. Hopefully, this will be marketed in a way for some good sales.

By the way, is Tool still together?

12. StevenW

StevenW Second Unit