What's new

Anyone looking forward to Eastwood's "Every Which Way But Loose"? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
This title and the sequel, "Any Which Way You Can," are getting released on May 7. I haven't seen these movies in years so I don't know how much I would like them today, but back in the day, they were enjoyable. I would imagine they will look pretty good considering Warner's transfer have been looking good even on older titles.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Can't wait to get my hands on these Eastwood classics! On the topic, where the hell are Tightrope and Firefox????

Keith E

Stunt Coordinator
Now Firefox would be a gread addition to my DVD collection. Widescreen with 5.1 sound to boot.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for that one.

But in the mean time, it'll be great to add these two to my collection.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Still unsure, I used to really like them but haven't seen them in years and have a feeling I wouldn't like them as much now.

I remember seeing Firefox at the local drive-in.

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
A few years back (about ten years ago), I heard on an entertainment television program that the trainer that was responsible for the orangutan that played Clyde, literally beat the poor ape to death while filming

Any Which Way You Can .

This has pretty much ruined my enjoyment of either of the films. If anyone has any information that refutes the television program's info, I'd appreciate it, because I did love watching those movies, just not after the revelation about the brutal handling of Clyde.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Bill Gato: the animal trainer on that movie was Boone Narr, who has gone on providing animals for 20 years since. He was animal trainer on recent films like "America's Sweethearts", "The Majestic", and "Life As A House". Link Removed refers to him as "Hollywood's top animal trainer".
I found it interesting that the IMDB lists no animal trainer for the other film, Every Which Way But Loose. One could say "aha! we just had the wrong movie, and they took his credit off that one for SOME reason!" Buzz; wrong answer...thanks for playing. Often this is an oversight, because the film's credits just didn't list anything or because the credit went to a company rather than a person at the company (IMDB doesn't list company credits for added value services, like animal providers). FWIW, the IMDB listing for Life As A House doesn't list Boone Narr, either.
I personally don't know about the truth of the story, but I kinda doubt that the guy would go on to be so successful with a start like killing the animal he was providing. Anything's possibly, but this sounds more like an Urban Legend to me.
So, I checked the Urban Legends pages at www.snopes.com, and there was no reference to this either way. It hasn't come to their attention, to make a judgement as to whether it is true or false. Perhaps you can write to Snopes and ask them to look into this.
In the meantime, relax and buy the movies and don't worry too much about it. I'm an animal lover, same as you, and I wouldn't want to own the films if I could prove it's true. But, "innocent until proven guilty", and I can't find a shred of evidence. If it's not an Urban Legend you heard, then perhaps just TV sensationalism. It would help if you could recall the source.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks