What's new

Anyone live in Rotterndam, or thereabouts? (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Long shot, but I seem to recall reading some members live in the Netherlands...

I need the name of a decent home video retailer in Rotterdam.

My brother in law lives there and there's a film I want that isn't on BluRay in the US and the Netherlands version is the only one that's region free. He's coming to visit in two weeks so if he could pick it up for me it'd save me a boat load of money.

Thing is he seems completely confused by my request. Long story short, I'm looking for major chain I can send him to, or, worse case, an online retailer based in the Netherlands and maybe I can just order it and send it to his house.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Thanks. My brother in law finally figured out what I was asking and called around but no one had it in stock and wouldn't get it in before he leaves. I can import it on Amazon, but it's three times the price over him just picking it up locally and dropping it in his suitcase.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jay H said:
There is also a Rotterdam near Albany NY...

Jay
See post #3. ;)

I'd offer to pick one up there...but there's not much by way of retail there...especially in terms of Region 0 DVDs. :biggrin:

Since the Albany-area was founded by the Dutch in the 1600s, we've got a Rotterdam, an Amsterdam and a million other places and things with Dutch names attached: including Frezons! :laugh:

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Mike Frezon said:
See post #3. ;)

I'd offer to pick one up there...but there's not much by way of retail there...especially in terms of Region 0 DVDs. :biggrin:

Since the Albany-area was founded by the Dutch in the 1600s, we've got a Rotterdam, an Amsterdam and a million other places and things with Dutch names attached: including Frezons! :laugh:
I have a hiker/cyclist friend of mine in Rotterdam, they even have windmills!

Jay

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Well, my brother in law eventually did figure out I was asking him to go out and pick up the blu ray for me to bring when he came to visit but he was unable to find a copy in any of the local shops. They could order it but it wouldn't arrive before he left on his trip. In the end I ordered off Amazon, which I always could, but the point was it's three times the cost for me doing it this way over him picking it up locally and tossing it in his suitcase.

Sometimes trying to save a few bucks isn't worth the effort. :lol:

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
The B&M store chain I mentioned to you in my PM (Free Record Shop) just filed for bankruptcy, two days ago. Might explain why they have much less in store.
I myself often order from Amazon/UK, I'm surprised it's relatively that expensive.

Cees

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Just got an email from FRS earlier today. They apologized but said it wasn't possible to order from them in the States.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks