What's new

Anyone live in or around Berkeley CA? HDTV Antenna question (1 Viewer)

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
If so what antenna are you using for your OTA HDTV? I am picking up a Zenith HDV420 tonight!! Unless I here otherwise I am probably going to pick up a Zenith Silver Sensor, good choice for this area? I would prefer an indoor antenna, the room is in the attic and the house is 4 stories (including the attic)

Thanks!

MikeM

Screenwriter
Yup, I do.

I live in an apartment, so I'm using a big old rusted antenna that is on top of our building. It's ancient, but if you point it toward Mt. Sutro, you should have no trouble picking up all of the available HDTV channels. It works like a charm.

KNTV NBC is the only one where you will most likely not be able to pickup. It's beaming out from the South Bay, and isn't on UHF but rather on VHF channel 12. You can get a specialized Channel 12 VHF only antenna with a filter, but you still may not get NBC's HDTV feed. They are currently in the works to make their signal more accessable to the greater Bay Area, including the East Bay, so you may want to hold off before making any channel 12 specific antenna purchases.

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
Out of curiousity, how many HD channels to you get in the east bay. I'm in Mountain View (south) and planning a move to San Francisco soon. Just wondering what I could hope for if I make move up there and finally get into HDTV.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Out of curiousity, how many HD channels to you get in the east bay. I'm in Mountain View (south) and planning a move to San Francisco soon. Just wondering what I could hope for if I make move up there and finally get into HDTV.
Well, you will most likely be able to receive the all of the major OTA HDTV channels, except NBC:
1. ABC - KGO
2. FOX - KTVU
3. CBS - KPIX
4. PBS - KQED
5. WB - WB20? (forgot the call letters)
6. UPN - KBHK (I get this, but forgot if they show any HD content yet)

Other than those, you'll receive other OTA channels like KRON, but they don't offer HD content.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks