Anyone Linkwitz'd a DPL12??

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Jason Dalton, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Jason Dalton

Jason Dalton Stunt Coordinator

It seems like a good candidate to me, at least in the sub $200 driver market. Just wondering if anyone knows of any similar projects out there.

Jason

2. Jason Dalton

It seems like a good candidate to me, at least in the sub $200 driver market. Just wondering if anyone knows of any similar projects out there.

Jason

3. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

If you're talking about using them in dipoles, yeap been there, done that........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

If you're talking about using them in dipoles, yeap been there, done that........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Jason Dalton

Thomas, I was talking about the standard Linkwitz Transform, but those are some awfully nice looking speakers! I'm quite looking forward to jumping into dipoles.

Well, I guess maybe I should have explained a bit better. My thinking was more geared towards getting flat response down to 20Hz in a VERY small box. It seems to me the DPL12 is one of the better candidates for this. In this case I was thinking of putting it in a box just big enough to fit the woofer, less than one cubic foot. Most people don't want a 2.5cuft box in their TV room. I think you could probably get over 100dB @ 20Hz with some room gain, a pretty good number for such a small box.

6. Jason Dalton

Thomas, I was talking about the standard Linkwitz Transform, but those are some awfully nice looking speakers! I'm quite looking forward to jumping into dipoles.

Well, I guess maybe I should have explained a bit better. My thinking was more geared towards getting flat response down to 20Hz in a VERY small box. It seems to me the DPL12 is one of the better candidates for this. In this case I was thinking of putting it in a box just big enough to fit the woofer, less than one cubic foot. Most people don't want a 2.5cuft box in their TV room. I think you could probably get over 100dB @ 20Hz with some room gain, a pretty good number for such a small box.

7. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

...except you won't be able to get them for at least 4 months...

8. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

...except you won't be able to get them for at least 4 months...

9. Jason Dalton

The reason I thought it would be good was because of the high power handling and relatively small amount of equalization needed in a small box. I've modeled all the popular woofers (I was looking at 12"s for

10. Jason Dalton

The reason I thought it would be good was because of the high power handling and relatively small amount of equalization needed in a small box. I've modeled all the popular woofers (I was looking at 12"s for