What's new

Anyone Linkwitz'd a DPL12?? (1 Viewer)

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
It seems like a good candidate to me, at least in the sub $200 driver market. Just wondering if anyone knows of any similar projects out there.

Jason

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
It seems like a good candidate to me, at least in the sub $200 driver market. Just wondering if anyone knows of any similar projects out there.

Jason

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
If you mean a Linkwitz Transform, not sure I'd bother...or that it's an especially good candidate. A 2.5 ft^3 box would get you an unassisted Fc below 30Hz which should dig down to the low 20's in-room.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
If you mean a Linkwitz Transform, not sure I'd bother...or that it's an especially good candidate. A 2.5 ft^3 box would get you an unassisted Fc below 30Hz which should dig down to the low 20's in-room.

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
Thomas, I was talking about the standard Linkwitz Transform, but those are some awfully nice looking speakers! I'm quite looking forward to jumping into dipoles.

Well, I guess maybe I should have explained a bit better. My thinking was more geared towards getting flat response down to 20Hz in a VERY small box. It seems to me the DPL12 is one of the better candidates for this. In this case I was thinking of putting it in a box just big enough to fit the woofer, less than one cubic foot. Most people don't want a 2.5cuft box in their TV room. I think you could probably get over 100dB @ 20Hz with some room gain, a pretty good number for such a small box.

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
Thomas, I was talking about the standard Linkwitz Transform, but those are some awfully nice looking speakers! I'm quite looking forward to jumping into dipoles.

Well, I guess maybe I should have explained a bit better. My thinking was more geared towards getting flat response down to 20Hz in a VERY small box. It seems to me the DPL12 is one of the better candidates for this. In this case I was thinking of putting it in a box just big enough to fit the woofer, less than one cubic foot. Most people don't want a 2.5cuft box in their TV room. I think you could probably get over 100dB @ 20Hz with some room gain, a pretty good number for such a small box.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Anything in particular that makes the DPL12 better than others for this app? I think a Stryke AV12 would be better suited.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Anything in particular that makes the DPL12 better than others for this app? I think a Stryke AV12 would be better suited.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Could also try a Dayton 12" DVC from PE...or a bunch of others. Vd and Pe is what you're looking for with an LT candidate. Also, the less correction required the better.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Could also try a Dayton 12" DVC from PE...or a bunch of others. Vd and Pe is what you're looking for with an LT candidate. Also, the less correction required the better.

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
The reason I thought it would be good was because of the high power handling and relatively small amount of equalization needed in a small box. I've modeled all the popular woofers (I was looking at 12"s for

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
The reason I thought it would be good was because of the high power handling and relatively small amount of equalization needed in a small box. I've modeled all the popular woofers (I was looking at 12"s for

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks