Anyone like the new Tool?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Eric_Connelly, May 29, 2006.

1. Eric_Connelly

Eric_Connelly Second Unit

Nov 25, 1999
    We heard the new Tool song on the radio...CC had it on special 9.79 so we picked it up.

Does anyone else care for it?

Vicarious is decent...the rest of the CD just leaves us wondering WTF?

Seriously, we got the 3D glasses version and its better then the CD itself.

At least after listening now we know why it was 9.79.

We don't mind different, we like it when bands take on new direction but they seem completely lost.
  2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Nov 15, 2004
  3. Kyle McCabe

Kyle McCabe Stunt Coordinator

Nov 11, 2005
    I hate to dig up old topics, but I almost can't get enough TOOL. I suppose it's not for everyone. Not all of their tunes are exactly "catchy", but there is an intent and purpose for every note, chord, and riff. Undertow and Aenima had a couple of really great radio-friendly songs, but I think TOOL has grown a lot musically and has since put their focus on creating albums rather than just a compilation of songs.

It takes a great deal of skill and planning to create such a pallette of sonic bliss and to keep it all relevant for 70 minutes. I swear there are mathematical patterns to their last two albums. The rhythms get way out there, but when you listen to the album as a whole rather than skim through the songs, it all starts to make sense in a way that totally catches you off guard.

That's why I am taken aback by their musicianship. I wish I had the time and ambition to put forth that kind of effort toward songwriting, but... I chose to sell home theater furniture instead. :cool: