What's new

Anyone like Moscow on the Hudson? (1 Viewer)

C

Christina_V

I just found this great comedy/drama on dvd for $14.99 & haven't had a chance to watch it yet.
I think i will later tonight.........how's the transfer/sound?
+ reviews.............i think it's **** stars all the way,funny,touching,heartwarming and sad......with plenty of memorable charecters make this a classic & one of a kind experiance.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I don't have the disc, but did like the film. Warmly human and sincere in its approach.

"I defect"

"Not in here. I told you, there's a bathroom right down the hall!"

Bruce

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I am the only person I know who cannot stand Robin Williams, neither his comedy nor his acting. I haven't seen this film in years, but it remains as the only RW performance I have ever tolerated. A very good film - and performance - in fact.

Jon

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I think it is not so much his acting as it is that he must have the world's worst agent, considering the awful stuff he's been doing lately. I mean would Patch Adams improve staring Laurence Olivier?
In the beginning of his career Robin Williams was a talented guy -- his stand up act, Mork and Mindy, The World According to Garp, hell, even Moscow on The Hudson (except for the Russian, he's no Streep) and Good Morning Vietnam, all very good work. Then what happened to the guy?? -- his subsequent filmography reads like a must to avoid list.
Ted

Scott Dill

Stunt Coordinator
I really like this film as well.

As far as Robin William goes, IMO he is an incredibly talented guy who just selects terrible material. He seems to have this need to only play likeable and inocuous characters.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
In the beginning of his career Robin Williams was a talented guy -- his stand up act, Mork and Mindy, The World According to Garp, hell, even Moscow on The Hudson (except for the Russian, he's no Streep) and Good Morning Vietnam, all very good work. Then what happened to the guy?? -- his subsequent filmography reads like a must to avoid list.

Well, I'd add Awakenings, Dead Poets Society and Good Will Hunting on that list as well, all fine films.

I think the problems started after GMV, when he started playing the same character in every film. I mean, how many times did he play a doctor of some sort in these films?

I'm looking forward to the "dark" Robin in his next couple of films, "One Hour Photo" and "Death To Smoochy". Right now, he needs an image change, and badly.

Jason

Sam_K

Stunt Coordinator
I watched it the other day.

The Transfer and Sound are good. It's anamorphic widescreen. It also has Full screen version on the same disc. It also has Director's commentary.

The story is nice. However, the humor about Soviet society was funny when I first saw the movie many years ago. They are dated and those scenes are no longer funny now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks