Anyone like Moscow on the Hudson?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christina_V, Dec 23, 2001.

1. Christina_V

Christina_V Guest

I just found this great comedy/drama on dvd for $14.99 & haven't had a chance to watch it yet.
    I think i will later tonight.........how's the transfer/sound?
    + reviews.............i think it's **** stars all the way,funny,touching,heartwarming and sad......with plenty of memorable charecters make this a classic & one of a kind experiance.

2. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

I don't have the disc, but did like the film. Warmly human and sincere in its approach.

"I defect"

"Not in here. I told you, there's a bathroom right down the hall!"

Bruce

3. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

I am the only person I know who cannot stand Robin Williams, neither his comedy nor his acting. I haven't seen this film in years, but it remains as the only RW performance I have ever tolerated. A very good film - and performance - in fact.

Jon

4. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov Producer

I think it is not so much his acting as it is that he must have the world's worst agent, considering the awful stuff he's been doing lately. I mean would Patch Adams improve staring Laurence Olivier?
    In the beginning of his career Robin Williams was a talented guy -- his stand up act, Mork and Mindy, The World According to Garp, hell, even Moscow on The Hudson (except for the Russian, he's no Streep) and Good Morning Vietnam, all very good work. Then what happened to the guy?? -- his subsequent filmography reads like a must to avoid list.
    Ted

5. Scott Dill

Scott Dill Stunt Coordinator

I really like this film as well.

As far as Robin William goes, IMO he is an incredibly talented guy who just selects terrible material. He seems to have this need to only play likeable and inocuous characters.

6. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

7. Sam_K

Sam_K Stunt Coordinator

I watched it the other day.

The Transfer and Sound are good. It's anamorphic widescreen. It also has Full screen version on the same disc. It also has Director's commentary.

The story is nice. However, the humor about Soviet society was funny when I first saw the movie many years ago. They are dated and those scenes are no longer funny now.