Anyone know why The Practice is moving to Mondays?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andres Munoz, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

And what show will be aired on sundays at 10PM instead of The Practice?

2. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

Do you have a link to any kind of official announcement about this? I try to stay up on entertainment news, and have heard nothing about it.

3. Todd Henry

Todd Henry Second Unit

I have seen official announcements. I think if you check CNN's entertainment section you might find it. The announcement was made in mid December.

I am not sure why, but the new Dragnet with Ed O'Neill will be taking its place on Sunday evenings.

Todd

4. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Yep. Of course, this results in Dragnet running at the same time as Boomtown, another LA-based cop show, which seems like a bad idea (although Boomtown will be pre-empted for Kingpin three times in the first month or so).

Nutty. There seems to be a lot more of this "let's target the EXACT SAME audience at the same time" going on this season (Presidio Med/MDs, Robbery Homicide Division/L&O: Special Victims Unit, The Amazing Race/The Bachelor).

6. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

Ah, I forgot about Dragnet. I like both Ed O'Neill and Ethan Embry. I think they had good chemistry in Dutch. Is the show supposed to be serious or a comedy?

7. Craig S

Craig S Producer

Craig Seanor
    I believe the new "Dragnet" is supposed to be serious, just like the old show. I read one article where a producer said that after you see the first scene in "Dragnet" you will forget about Ed O'Neill as Al Bundy.

8. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Jason, don't forget the thankfully ceased pairing of Angel/Alias

9. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Well, aside from being serial action hours, I don't know how obviously similar they are - I mean, it's not like Wednesday at 10, which was two shows set in San Francisco Hospitals.
    Of course, I also left out Crossing Jordan and CSI: Miami because both appear to be doing reasonably well and it didn't really illustrate my point. [​IMG]