Anyone Know where to Buy Def. Tech Speakers On-line/Mailorder?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cliffk, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Cliffk

Cliffk Agent

Anyone?

My local dealer won't budge off of list. I know Def. Tech doesn't allow mail-order, but that doesn't bother me if someone is willing to do it.

I'm doing an install for a friend and need the L/C/R Pro Cinema 100 and matching sub.

Any info. will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Cliff

2. KevinW

KevinW Stunt Coordinator

HOLY SHIT! I never thought I'd see someone here from my neck of the woods!

Players won't deal? I got a good deal on my ProCinema 100 setup. Total price before tax was $1150, $200 off retail. Check with Shane, he's the guy I always work with.

As far as I know, Def Techs can't be bought online.

3. Sheldon

Sheldon Stunt Coordinator

Been there,done that,bought the t-shirt...DefTech is not available on-line.period.They,the company,is very particular who carries their stuff and the prices.I get the feeling that if DefTech knew of any retailer selling on-line,they would pull their license to sell DefTech.

4. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Hey Madison Guys!

What can you tell me about a local Aerial dealer named Audio Associates? Do they have an actual showroom? I saw an ad he placed on AudioGon and have spoken to him a few times, but can't get a feel for his dealership. I used to do some work for a Madison based company and had to come there once a month, but that contract ended two months ago, so I don't want to fly into Jackson/Madison unless my trip has potential. Thanks!

5. Cliffk

Cliffk Agent

John,

I've never heard of them. Maybe Kevin has.

What physical address do they have? I'll try to check 'em out for you. I'd be surprised if they have a showroom - I think I know of all the showrooms here in town (very few).

Take care,

Cliff

6. KevinW

KevinW Stunt Coordinator

Sorry, never heard of them either. I'm looking through the phone book now, but no luck. Cliff is right, quality shops are limited here. If you get an address let me know. I'll be glad to check them out.

7. Cliffk

Cliffk Agent

Kevin,

I tried to e-mail you, but two tries were bounced back to me.

Is your hotmail account still active, or do you have another address now?

The e-mail dealt with some specifics of Players that I didn't think anyone outside of our area would be interested in.

Thanks,

Cliff

8. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    If you want a price break, you have to buy used. Check out ebay. It just so happened I'm selling my procinema100 system this week to someone. You missed me by a few days. If my sale doesn't work out, I'll contact you.

9. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Def Techs are definately available "on line."

Just that you don't get the manufacturers warranty. (Although someday I would love to fight them or any other manufacturer over this.)

I got mine that way. Just made damn sure that the boxes were in OK shape before I accepted delivery from UPS.

25% off of list.

And yes, me too, I tried to deal at my local retailer, and the bozo also wouldn't budge off of list. Too bad for him.

10. Bernard L

Bernard L Stunt Coordinator

which deftecs are you looking for anyway?

I'm not from your neck of the woods, but my dealer is willing to make at least 10% off MSRP. And these guys are about the worst dealers (in price moving) in Toronto because they have a very good reputation... I'm gonna have to buy off of these guys because they're about the only people I know who carry deftec speakers.

11. Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr Supporting Actor

I can get you off of list but shipping and tax migh make up for it, I am authorized, email me if interested.

12. Cliffk

Cliffk Agent

I'm doing a whole house/HT install for a friend's Dad. I'm interested in the following for his Den surround set-up: a pair of the ProMonitor 100's (white), a ProCenter C2 (not sure if black or white), and a ProSub 200TL (white).

I've got a budget of $850.00 + shipping. The above lists for $1,198.00. To accomplish this, I'd need to get 30% off of list.

Kevin Brown, your contact is pretty close at 25% off. Please give me the details of who and how to contact them. If you're not comfortable posting that info here, please e-mail me.

Thanks,

Cliff

13. David A. Frattaroli

David A. Frattaroli Stunt Coordinator

Try Audio Breakthroughs in NY. They may take your order over the phone and ship. I've gotten a ton of Def Tech stuff their and usually get at least 15% off.

They are on the Def Tech web site.