What's new

anyone know where to buy def tech online? (1 Viewer)

I have auditioned many of speakers over the last 2 months.
I am impressed with def tech. I am wondering if anyone can give me a place to buy online rather than pay retail. Retail sux! Thanks for the help

Jason Reich

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought some Def tech's at retail and feel the price was fair(plus dealer had a 20% off all speakers sale going on) I do believe you cannot buy Def techs online and still maintain a warranty, and also I believe the prices dealers charge are directly handed down from Difinitive. I am very happy with mine( pro 100's up front, pro 100 center, and pro 80's in rear) and feel compared to other speakers in the same price range, they are worth every cent I paid.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
DefTech tries to avoid internet sellers to protect it's dealers and avoid price-wars. But you should be able to talk a dealer into a 10-15% discount if you buy a set.

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
DefTech tries to avoid internet sellers to protect it's dealers and avoid price-wars. But you should be able to talk a dealer into a 10-15% discount if you buy a set.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++=
They also tout high profit margins and limited distribution which is why more retailers are gravitating towards them...my friend who sells them says that they have little fear of being price matched on def tecs and the margins are so high they can offer 15-20% off and still make a great profit....
By the way Dan, it is people who go in and audition products in a retailers store and refuse him the sale that is driving many high end audio retailers to not neccesarily carry the better lines but rather ones that are protected so they aren't operating listening stations for Link Removed ....
many manufacturers are beginning to loose lots of their retailers because they are unable to police unfair competition from e-tailers who don't have to provide sound rooms forA/B auditions.....Conversely some mnfgrs who had fallen out of favor in the past are trying to re-establish retail partnerships based on HEAVILY POLICING trans-shipping ,etc
IF you start to notice that local retailers are starting to carry product that is not available on-line, I would tell you that its no coincidence.....Many salespeople are beginning to sell bose again because of the unilateral pricing program they have
just a coupla cents

Thanks Matt, I guess I see your point. I have only bought one thing off the internet. Never really cared for it untill now. I would be pretty po'd if I were a salesman and my paycheck depended on selling something that people came into my store to check out but then bought off the internet.

If your an 18yr old cheerleader that likes older men then I am a 12yr old boy that lust after cheerleaders.

Scott Tucker

Stunt Coordinator
Definitive has no online dealers. If you don't buy them from a authorized dealer there is no warranty. It is almost always better to buy speakers at a local store with a good return policy. What if you get the Def-Techs home and hate the way they sound in your room? A good store will let you return or exchange them for something more suitable for your tastes. Online etailers may let you return or exchange, but at your cost.

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
Actually I see this trend as really unfortunate...the consumer looses when retailers carry more "limited distributer" products and when the speakers that are more and more sucsessful are the ones whose pricing looks soooo attractive and whose "e-marketing" hype encourages the consumer to buy something that he can "audition in his own home", where his sole sourse of comparison is his Aiwa shelf system...which the Bose system will seeming beat....the average (and even the exceptional) audio enthusiast does not have the time to have 6 friends meet with all their diverse equipment for Blind demos, nor do most have the financial wherewithal to buy 4 pairs of speakers and enlisting the help of a friend to figure out which three he's sending back.........
:frowning: ..another thought as depressimg as my typing.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks