anyone know where i can find the specs for this receiver?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by JauCheeze, Jul 6, 2003.

1. JauCheeze

JauCheeze Stunt Coordinator

I have a old onkyo A-SV610Pro dolby prologic receiver. I'm wondering if any knows where I can find the specifications for it. I tried searching on google but couldn't find anything. Thanks

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

I do wish all manufacturers would keep an uptodate listing of manuals and specifications for their old products online. Gee it's only a few megs of memory.

You can try calling them directly at 1-800-229-1687 and maybe someone there can find something to fax you.

The little I could dig up (off a Ukranian website...sheesh!) says that it's a Dolby Prologic 2x120 watts. I'd imagine it was a competent unit in its day. Good luck getting more info!

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    From the 1993 Audio Equipment Directory :

125 watt per channel continuous average into 8 ohms from 20Hz-20kHz.
    50dB headroom.
    List price $630.
    Multi-room remote capability.

The “A” designation in the model number means it’s an integrated amplifier, not a receiver. Receivers had a “TX” designation.

There is no indication as to which channels the wattage ratings came from, but judging from specs for other Onkyo receivers that year, it's probably front and center.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. JauCheeze

cool thanks for the specs guys...

can this integrated amplifier can drive the SVS CS 25-31? i guess i still need to find out if it can handle 4ohm loads.

5. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    The Equipment Directory has a space for a 4-ohm rating, but it was left blank for this amp.

Typically, multi-channel home theater receivers and integrated amps are not rated for 4-ohm use. This is because most are not robust enough to drive a full set of low impedance speakers. However, if you are only using one or two channels, you can probably get away with it.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

6. JauCheeze

is there enough power to drive SVS CS subwoofers though?