What's new

Anyone know what the little black disks my Samsung HCL473W came with are for??? (1 Viewer)

William-V

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up a Samsung HCL473W 47" Rear Projection TV and although I love it, I'm a little confused by some accessories. The set came with 4 black disks about 2" inches in diameter with no markings. I have no idea what to do with these, as they aren't mentioned at all in the manual. Maybe they're for under the TV's wheels, but I really don't know what purpose they would serve there. Does anyone know what these are for, or should I call Samsung to find out?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
William,

Apparently, we don't know either. But perhaps you could describe them a bit in more detail. What material they're made of? How thick/thin? Were they packed separately?

Cees

William-V

Stunt Coordinator
hey thanks guys,

I'll try my best to describe them. They are 4 pieces, black hard plastic, 2" in diameter, aboout a quarter of an inch high (edges are about an 1/8 of an inch thick, packaged together in a clear, sealed plastic baggie. They're not completely flat, as they look like little flying saucers if the roof of the dome was removed (does this make sense?) On the bottom of each, there's a number: AA61-20126A, then next line: W3.T6, then nrxt line: HC #2-1 (the last number on each disk ends with a different digit, i.e. HC #2-1 is followed by HC #2-2, and so on).

When I first saw them, I imagined they were feet for under the tv, but the set has wheels and these are hard plastic and not exactly good for protecting a surface.

Anyway, that's all the info I can see to give. Thanks a lot for any help.

;) ;)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Still no idea - do they have a hole? Like if a bolt has to go through?
Is there absolutely no indication in the manual or other enclosed material?

Do the wheels come off optionally (e.g. if you don't want to use them), and could there be space for those "feet" then?

If it stays unclear, you must certainly contact your dealer or else Samsung's support group. (And then don't forget to tell us what it actually is!) :)

Cees

William-V

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks alot, everyone for your help. I really appreciate it. However, I'm not exectly sure I know what casters are. Can someone please elaborate? :D

Dan Wesnor

Second Unit
Casters are something people used to put under the legs of their furniture to make it easier to slide across carpeting. Not sure why they'd be included if the TV has wheels, though.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Great.
And now we need to know why they have different part numbers.

(For your info: casters may help damage the carpet less severe than when wheels are on it.)

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks