Anyone know what network is carrying the World Series?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Mark Murphy, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Supporting Actor

I get OTA HD and would love for it to be ABC.

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Fox, dammit.

It's Fox through 2006.

Three more years of Buck and McCarver at the very least.

After that, the current TV contract will be up and hopefully a less painful network will pick it up.

3. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

Fox is dumping the Fox Widescreen (480p using standard-def cameras) and going High-Def (720p using high-def cameras)next season so 2004 to 2006 will be in HDTV.

Buck is not bad at all but Tim McCarver is one of the most negative broadcasters and repeats himself over and over and over and over...

Who knows will make a run at MLB and the World Series in 2006? Maybe the new NBC/Vivendi/Universal merger will make NBC more bold.

The Super Bowl rotates through ABC, CBS and Fox. The Stanley Cup and the NBA Championship are on ABC/ESPN.

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

It'll be NBC, bet on it. They bid on it last time, but (like CBS) was only looking for a partial package while Fox bid a lot for exclusive rights. One thing NBC will be able to offer is a lot of over-the-air outlets, perhaps putting second-tier Division/League series games on Pax and also simulcasting on Telemundo (which could be a big source of income for them).

5. Mark Murphy

I had a feeling it was Fox, but I had a small hope that ABC might carry it since ESPN was doing some of the Division series. Is Fox the only network carrying the League Championships?

6. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I think so... Probably one at 4pm and one at 8pm ET the days when there are two games.

ESPN was doing the division games because they were able to get them moved from ABC Family, where they were last year, which was Fox Family when the broadcast contract was made.

7. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

All I can say is drop the fricken virtual adds!

8. Todd Henry

Todd Henry Second Unit

On Wednesday with 2 games, one will be on Fox the other on FX. Which game is on which station will be market specific.

Todd

9. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

10. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

Fox will broadcast the series. Virtual ads will be sold to regular sponsors this year rather then previous years when they were mostly for Major League Baseball and similar "institutional" advertisers.

11. Chris White

Chris White Second Unit

Well, better Faux's 480p widescreen than ABC's standard definition (local affiliate's motto: "We're for sale. Make an offer.") for folks in the Lansing area.

12. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

13. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

14. Mark Murphy

15. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

I hope to GOD that the W.S. is NOT on FOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it's only halfway through the second game of the Sox vs. Yankees game and I'm already to the point of turning the channel. Who the hell thought those god damn annoying sound effects are "cool"? Everytime they show a replay, they play that damn sound that sounds like a drag racing car driving by real fast. [​IMG] Then they play that stupid bouncing sound when they put the score back up.

It's even more annoying when you're doing stuff around the house and just listening to the audio. It feels like every 15 seconds they play some stupidly annoying sound effect.

Hey Fox! Remember when you tried the glowing puck in hockey? and all of the hockey fans were ready to rip your throats out? Haven't you learned? Enough of this supposed high techy look and feel because it's annoying and ruins the game.

To anyone who knows the person responsible for these sound effects, would you smack them upside the head with a metal bat and tape the sound. Then we can use it for the World Series replays [​IMG]

p.s. Fox, you should be ashamed of what you do to sports [​IMG]

16. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

17. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

I agree wholeheartedly. They're doing the same to football games and I can't stand it. I can't watch Fox football anymore. [​IMG]

18. Dennis

Dennis Second Unit

It seems that they think the "MTV Generation" needs constant beeps and bleeps to keep our attention.

Another thing, what's with all of the announcers? Do we really need 3 in a booth? They must be taking a queue from football. I remember the CBS Pregame show had Brent Musberger and.......that's it, just one guy! What a concept! I think they did that up until Greg Gumbel, who now does the games. I remember Inside the NFL on HBO with Len Dawson and Nick Bouniconti, now we have 4 plus 2 comedians! I know they're funny, on other shows, but is it really necessary? These people must think we have the attenion span of a 2 year old! ESPN, Fox, they're all guilty.

Btw, I have absolutely no problem with Jillian Barbieri, Lisa Guerrero, Jeanne Zelasko or Bonnie Bernstein appearing on any show, doing anything, at any time. :b

19. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

LOL Dennis -

20. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor