Anyone know what movie this scene is from?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Bren_Chris, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Bren_Chris

Bren_Chris Stunt Coordinator

I was taken to see this unidentified movie as a small kid in the late ‘70s (I think; definitely not later than 1981). The scene I remember involved a man and a young woman alone in a sauna. I think they were strangers. He lifts her top up and, after an admiring pause, slaps her and grinds his foot into her face. Why I was in a theater watching this is beyond me, but of course we didn’t stay much longer. Sometime before we left, there was also some scene with the same (?) guy trying to drown some woman (?) in a fish tank/aquarium.

Not surprisingly, these images stuck to my impressionable little mind, and at this point I’m very curious and looking for closure. Anyone know what movie this was? I don’t recall the actors, title excerpt, anything. Except that it was in theatrical release some 25 years ago.

2. Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister Producer

I think the real question is...why are you dwelling on such an image 25 years later?

3. Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom Supporting Actor

Lol! Let's hope this movie does indeed exist.

4. Bren_Chris

"Dwelling," no. Just personally curious, and taking advantage of this forum to see if anyone can help with this little bit of trivia. I know it sounds like a stupid thing to ask about, but hey....

5. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    Bren_Chris wrote (post #1):

The time frame seems wrong, but your description makes it sound like either of two well known "controversial" movies:

(1) Bertolucci's Ultimo tango a Parigi
    (Last Tango in Paris) (MGM/UA, 1972), with Marlon and Maria Schneider. (Maybe you saw it in repertory theater? They still had them then.)

or

(2) Adrian Lyne's 9½ Weeks (UA, 1986), with Mickey [groan!] Rourke and Kim Basinger.

6. ChrisMark

ChrisMark Agent

I believe that this is "Silent Partner" with Christopher PLummer in the villian role. Also starred Elliot Gould. It is actually a nice little thriller from canada written by Curtis Hanson.

7. Bren_Chris

Silent Partner sounds very vaguely familiar. Thanks for your input - that may well be the one.

8. Bren_Chris

ChrisMark - bingo. Read some reviews elsewhere and that's definitely the one. Thanks for helping solve this minor mystery....