Anyone know this movie?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Justin_S, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

I remember watching this TV movie that was supposedly a true story many years ago, and I have been dying to know what the film was forever now. It was about this family that moved into this house that turned out to be haunted. I only remember a few parts. At one point, the wife is standing by the refrigerator, and she sees the shadow of a skeleton on the refrigerator, and she turns around to find nothing behind her. Another part has them digging a pool in their back yard, and a guy tells them something like they shouldn't be digging there or something, and they look at something, then look back, and the guy is gone. I also remember that the wife and husband's little girl thinks that the trees that scratch on the house's windows are going to get her. I think it also turns out that their house is built on an indian burial ground. Thats all I remember.
    This TV film scared the shit out of me back then, and I really want to know what it was! Any help would be appreciated! [​IMG]

2. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

n/m

Bruce

3. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    Sounds more like the theatrical film POLTERGEIST than anything else. Not based on a true story, though.

4. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Nope, I've seen POLTERGEIST many times, and its definitely not it. Thanks for guessing though.

5. Stacey

Stacey Stunt Coordinator

Sounds very much like "The Amityville Horror" or possibly "Amityville II: The Possession".

6. Chris James

Chris James Stunt Coordinator

Hi Justin! You might try "Grave Secrets: The Legacy of Hilltop Drive." This was a 1992 TV movie about a true haunted house, complete with digging a pool, tree scratchings, etc.... Interestingly enough, the house this movie is based on is about 15 minutes from me (outside Houston, Texas). The subdivison is called Newport, in Crosby, Texas. That house is a creepy "legend" around here.

Look it up on IMDB, and tell me if it's the right one.

7. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Chris, I looked it up at IMDB, and that definitely HAS to be it! Thanks a whole lot, man! I've been wondering what this groovy film was for years. I truly do deeply appreciate your help! [​IMG]

8. Chris James

Chris James Stunt Coordinator

No problem Justin! If you look at it on IMDB, down at the bottom there is a link for the amazon.com reviews. Read that one, as it goes into much more detail than the one on the IMDB page. The digging of the pool caught my attention in your post, and this one movie is very similar to Poltergeist. The contractor building the pool uncovered some dead bodies while digging. Also, I believe the house is still vacant, as are the few around it(they had problems also). Glad I could add to your "all things horror!" [​IMG]