Anyone know of video differences with the new Sony LCD Projection 42WE655?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Danny Beck, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Danny Beck

Danny Beck Stunt Coordinator

As some of you may know I returned my 42" GW III WE610 a couple months ago due to the lightbulb problems. I ended up with a 34" XBR910. I'm certainly happy with that tv but i've just recently purchased a new house and it's got a nice sized finished basement. Thats right, it's gonna be my own little piece of paradise. [​IMG]

So, i'm now feeling like I want a new set for the basement and i'll have the XBR910 in the living room. I need a little more wow factor in this bigger room i'll have. I'm now considering picking up a GW III again. [​IMG] As long as the lightbulb problems are fixed with the current ones i'd consider getting one.

My other conern is the new models that are coming out this september. I've seen a little bit of info on them from searches but it's limited info at best. All they say is that they've added an HD tuner and an HDMI input. Not biggies IMO, but i'm really concerned with any possible video improvements they may have made. If they're significant I may just wait til September for the new models. However, if the image will likely be almost identical I may just go with the 42-WE610. As I know the picture quality is great and the lightbulb issues are likely fixed on the brand new units.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

2. Danny Beck

Danny Beck Stunt Coordinator

I can't believe no one has any info on these yet.