Anyone know of any Speaker dealers around Phoenix ,AZ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Josef_K, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Josef_K

Josef_K Agent

Im tring to find a good 6 piece speaker setup.
    i live in Phoenix Arizona and the only places i can find to listen to speakers are BestBuy,Circut City and ultimate electronics.
    this is my first home theater setup.

2. Bob_A

Bob_A Supporting Actor

I checked Def Techs website ( www.definitivetech.com ) for dealer information. Here it is:
    Jerry's Audio/Video - Phoenix 602-263-9410
    Jerry's Audio/Video - Phoenix 480-940-3322
    Ultimate Electronics - Phoenix 602-957-2775
    Ultimate Electronics - Phoenix 602-548-9020
    Utimate Electronics - Phoenix 480-538-0801
    All of these places are authorized dealers for Definitive Technology. Good luck!

3. Josef_K

Josef_K Agent

thanks

4. Bob_A

Bob_A Supporting Actor

My pleasure.

5. MikeAF

MikeAF Stunt Coordinator

Josef,
    Eventhough this is your first HT setup there are a couple of other places you can check in Phoenix. Buzz Jensen's Sound Advice ( on Indian School) carries B&W as well as JM Lab speakers among others. Hi-Fi Sales in Mesa caries Paradigm. Speakers Etc. on Thomas make their own speakers and they are very good and very reasonabley priced. You can also listen at Showcase Entertainment which has several locations. Stay away from Best Buy and Circuit City if you can, of course, it depends on what you want to spend. For me, I listened to many and for the price I went on the internet and bought the Diva Swans (at av123.com) and am very satisfied with what I got at that price range. I fell they are just as good if not better than the B&W Nautilas 804's which was my first choice but at twice the price. I hope this will help, you have many choices.
    Mike

6. Brian Crowe

Brian Crowe Stunt Coordinator

Did any of the local stores you mentioned carry the Divas? I like the look and have heard good reviews but am unsure where to audition them.
    ~Crowe~

7. MikeAF

MikeAF Stunt Coordinator

Brian,
    The Diva's are only sold online by av123.com. That's one of the reasons they are well priced for what you get.
    Mike

8. Bry_DD

Bry_DD Second Unit

Sounds like Music up in Bell and I-17 carry B&W, Linn, Tannoys and some other High-end Speakers. Hope that helps.
    Peace Out,
    Bry

9. Bryan Acevedo

Bryan Acevedo Second Unit

I usually go to Showcase - they have a store in Scottsdale, Chandler, and way out in North West Phoenix (I live in Chandler and work in Scottsdale).
    They carry Krell, Martin Logan, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Denon (my brand), Klipsch (my brand), Velodyne (my brand), Mitsubishi (my brand), some Sony stuff, Monitor Audio, Mirage and JBL Synthesis. There may be more, but I am not sure what else.
    They have one of the better show rooms, in my opinion. They don't just have shelves of components, but rather all kinds of custom media niches, home theater rooms, etc. to showcase a lot of the equipment. They do high end custom installs if you want (they have room pacakges that you can buy starting at like $60k, including the furniture, construction and equipment). The sales staff is pretty knowledgable.
    The Scottsdale store has a room with the JBL Synthesis system - it is their reference theater - pretty damn impressive. It has a huge Runco projector, theater seating, and full acoustic treatment.
    Their web site is www.showcase-he.com.
    Ultimate Electronics is ok - a step above Circuit City and Best buy - but not in the same league as Showcase, or some of the others mentioned.
    Bryan

10. Trey Fletcher

Trey Fletcher Second Unit

Josef,
    I do all of my HT shopping at Sounds Like Music (I-17 & Bell Rd., though they may soon move to Desert Ridge @ Tatum and the 101). If you are looking for a "good 6 piece speaker setup," then this is the place to go. Purely Hifi equipment (Linn, B&W, Revel, Martin Logan, Proceed, Rotel, Tannoy, Mark Levinson, etc.), 6 audition rooms (2 of which are full theaters), and a very knowledgable and helpful staff, all of whom are full time professional salesmen. No 16 year old part time workers who don't know a thing about HT. Plus, they have a one year upgrade program that I personally have used extensively. My second choice in the valley is Buzz Jensen's, though either one will make the speaker room at Best Buy look like the joke that it is. TF
    [Edited last by Trey Fletcher on November 13, 2001 at 04:17 PM]