1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know of a Tom and Jerry volume 2?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Matthew Green, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Matthew Green

Matthew Green Stunt Coordinator

Volume one spotlight collection is one of my BEST DVD purchases...I just wonder if there is a volume 2 on the horizon...

2. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Yeah, it was great! Im almost positive we'll see another release. Perhaps next year, late summer.

3. Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane Second Unit

I would assume we'll get one a year... just like Looney Tunes.

4. Lynda-Marie

Lynda-Marie Supporting Actor

Unfortunately, due to budget constraints, I have not yet been able to pick up this jewel.

I hope for a 2nd set as well, but there might be problems, considering that Hanna Barbera did not have the output of the classic Warner Brothers shorts. In fact, I just went to http://www.tomandjerryonline.com/]http://

5. WillG

WillG Producer

I think WB should get that, presumably coming, disc replacement, for the censored shorts on the current set going first.

6. Kim Olav Svines

The Gene Dietch cartoons was distributed by MGM in the US, so Warner should have the rights for those as well (and the Chuck Jones years, of course). They also have the rights for the later Hanna-Barbera cartoons. So there should not be any right issues.

7. Matthew Green

Matthew Green Stunt Coordinator

Oh, I ONLY want the Hanna-barbara ones...THe 80's ones were terrible in my opinion...