What's new

Anyone know of a six channel Pre-Amp? (1 Viewer)

Greg Risley

Second Unit
I'm looking at getting a dvd audio or SACD player but my Acurus ACT-3 pre/pro does not have six channel pass through so I need a seperate volume control for these style of players. I saw where in the last issue of Widescreen Review they used a six channel pre but the thing was $2700. I could just buy a new pre/pro with pass through for that much. Any cheaper solutions?
Thanks
Greg

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
The Harman/Kardon Signature 2.0 should fit the bill. It's a pre/pro with a 5.1 pass-through preamp built in. It can be had for extremely low prices nowadays if you look around (maybe at www.harmanaudio.com ).
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
The Harman Audio site has been down for a few days. I've been trying to get to the outlet store. A few weeks ago they had the Signature preamp and amp in a package for around $900. I'm trying to see if that's still available.
I think its either that combination or the Denon 3802 for me.
Aaron

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Wow....thanks for the info. They also have the 5 channel amp for $500, which brings the combo to $900. What you do guys think about this pre/amp combo? I think the denon 3802 has 7 amps and probably some updated processing, but it sure would be cool to have seperates.
Any opinions on the H&K Signature stuff?
Thanks, Aaron

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
The Sony TA-P9000ES is a 5.1 (6 channel) pre amp. It will be out (again) in about a month. The word is, $700 list, $450-500 street.
Has two sets of 5.1 inputs for a SACD/DVD-A player and your current 5.1 pre-pro/receiver. You just switch between 'em.
------------------

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
quote: Any opinions on the H&K Signature stuff?[/quote]If it had adequate video switching for me I'd buy it. Unfortunately I have a lot of S-Video devices (S-VHS VCR, DVD, CLD-99 LD PLayer, Satellite) and the meager switching capacity is inadequate. I have no direct experience with the Sig. 2.0. However, based on my previous H/K experience I have doubt that the H/K separates sound fantastic. If the limited switching it has is enough to support your system, I'd heartily recommend it.
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker
[Edited last by Philip Hamm on August 15, 2001 at 07:59 AM]

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
I don't read WSR, but I'm wondering if they had the EMM Labs Switchman II device.
That's a 4 input 6 channel preamplifier.
Regards,
------------------
John Kotches
Contributing Writer
Link Removed

MarkO

Second Unit
Arron,,,I should have the Sig 2.0 by tomorow afternoon. If you havent decided and are still watching this thread ill post something about my initial findings after i set the unit up.

J

John Morris

The Outlaw 950 will have 7 channels. But it is not scheduled to be released until October. ITs introductory price will be $899.
Gregg, Gregg, Gregg!!!
Shhhhhhhh! I think that Outlaw said that the price would be NO MORE THAN $899.
Let's not encourage that price too soon. Maybe, the Outlaw 950 will sell for $799, or $699 or.....
biggrin.gif

------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
DFAST, 5C, DVI, HDCP, SafeAudio, Macrovision and Lewinski!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks