Anyone know of a new edition of Bound?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by RodC, Jul 16, 2003.

1. RodC

RodC Stunt Coordinator

Just picked up the Wachowski's "Bound" for cheap at Best Buy. Now I am realizing it isn't anamorphic (unless someone can tell me otherwise?)which would be my preference. Before I open it, anyone know of an updated version in the works or should I just suck up the $10 investment?

I imagine that the moment I break the seal, an announcement will be made... [​IMG]

I hate when this happens.

Thanks,
    Rod

2. Charlie Essmeier

Charlie Essmeier Stunt Coordinator

It's a great movie, and a much better film than anything in the "Matrix" series. And now that the Wachowskis are directors of Box Office Blockbusters, I don't see them returning to thoughtful, character-driven films again.

Open and enjoy. My laserdisc looks fine when scaled to 92" wide; I can't imagine that the DVD looks any worse.

Charlie

3. nick/kal

nick/kal Auditioning

i've got the current slightly crappy version. it's not horrible, but it's not great, either- it's watchable. I'd say keep the one you've got, 'cause I haven't heard anything anywhere about a new version coming out. If one does come out down the road, you can always sell your current copy.

4. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    Yes, please open it, so we can soon enjoy an anamorphic version of this nice little film [​IMG].

But seriously, I also haven't heard anything about a new version coming out. However, I believe Region 2 (Europe) has an anamorphic version.

-Christian

5. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

I haven't heard anything but with Best Buy clearing out on the title for such a low price it sure seems suspicious. I can see new artwork saying something like "From the Creators of the Matrix". It is certainly within the realm of possibility. I absolutely love this movie and wouldn't let that stop you from enjoying it now. Worst case is that you turn around and sell it for $5 and then it's no more expensive than a rental.

6. KimK

KimK Stunt Coordinator

R2-UK is anamorphic and has the same extras.

7. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Eric, it normally costs $10, so clearing it out for $8 isn't a huge deal.

8. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

Wow! I bought mine about 2 years ago when they were hard to find and paid considerably more than that. I think about $25. Oh well, it's worth it at either price.

9. Ocean Phoenix

Ocean Phoenix Supporting Actor

This title is now "Out Of Print" on DVDaficionado. On many past occasions, a movie being listed as "Out Of Print" on that website has been a precursor to the release of a new DVD for the movie. Does anyone think that might be the case here? I wonder if there might be a "tenth anniversary edition" before the end of this year since it is now ten years since the movie's release.

10. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

I thought Paramount -- who apparently took control of the Republic library -- was releasing an SE of this in late summer. Am I just dreaming this?

11. When considering an older DVD as a blind buy for either content or A/V quality, it's best not to overestimate the resale value.

Unless you sell on Ebay, an older DVD traded in at Coconuts/FYE/Gamestop will typically only yield $1-$2.

I found this out the hard way with blind buys on new copies of Goin' South and Cloak & Dagger, both were $1 trades.

Even newer movies rarely exceed $5 in trade (and that's store credit, cash is less).

12. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

13. Vince Butler

Vince Butler Agent

I've had this on by "to buy" list for a loooong time, but since I have a widescreen display I don't purchase non-anamorphic DVDs. I was keeping my fingers crossed for a new release through all the Matrix films and DVDs and V for Vendetta, but at this point I think I'm just going to get the R2 version.

Oh well.

14. Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams Supporting Actor

Bleddyn Williams