1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know of a good Porsche forum?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Don Black, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I'm looking at making the 2005 Boxster my next card and would like to start learning more about Porsches in general. However, I haven't found any really good forums dedicated to the brand. It seems that BMWs, Benzs, and Audis (among the German set) all have larger online followings.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    Don, where do you live? A lot of the Porsche forums serve a specific geographic area. For example, around here www.renntech.org/forums/ is pretty useful. The members get together for tech sessions - which is needed for Porsches. There are NO aftermarket service manuals for Boxsters, and the real Porsche one is about $1,500 [​IMG]

Perhaps the most well-known Porsche site is http://forums.pelicanparts.com/ , affiliated with a major on-line parts supplier.

3. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

4. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Dennis: I'm in NY but might move to WashDC soon. I actually took a look at all of these forums but I guess I was just expecting a larger online community from Porsche fans! Thanks for all of the advice anyway though.