What's new

Anyone know of a "Dead of Winter" DVD? (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Without checking the IMDb for backup, I'm pretty sure this is an MGM title, and has yet to be released on DVD.
If we're both talking about the Mary Steenburgen/Roddy McDowall mystery/thriller, I'm with you all the way! I haven't seen this one in quite a while, but I remember being very surprised by it!
If it is an MGM title, I'd say it's only a matter of weeks before we see it. :laugh:

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
DEAD OF WINTER is an under appreciated gem! I can't wait for a DVD edition of it- in 16:9 enhanced wide, screen of course. Let's hope MGM reads this thread and puts this wonderful little thriller out on DVD.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey Y'all!
I'm actually working (backstage on B'way) with the Director of DEAD OF WINTER, Arthur Penn...!
I will see what I can get out of him!
:) D

michael deakin

Deceased Member
Real Name
Michael Charles Deakin
Hi guys.

This is one of my favs too. "The Cinema laser" has a review of the disc , And mentions that it is not Anamorphic. mike

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey Keith,
When I actually mentioned this title to Mr. Penn back in the summer, he didn't know anything about a DVD release.
Show we worked on was "Fortune's Fool". He was very professional to work with and a complete gentleman.
If this is true about being non-anamorphic, it's a shame as MGM had been doing real nice work on the catalog stuff and I doubt this will ever be released again after this.
Hope this isn't the beginning of a new trend...
Bummed in NYC...... :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks