What's new

Anyone know if Yamaha's DVD S840 is like a Panasonic RP82 clone? (1 Viewer)

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
Does it have Fajourda DCDi processing or not? The Yamaha web site did not say it did BUT it didn't say the S1200 had it either in the 2002 catalog but it shows it does in the 2003 catalog, which is when the S840 shows up.

I can get one locally for a good price but I really would like to know for sure. The display sticker did have Fajourda on it but the player itself did not. I sent yamaha an email asking but I don't know how quick they respond.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
I'd say no since only the high end $999 model says it has Faroudja DCDi. I would expect them to list it if the $399 model had it too.

JoeHard

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Yamaha C920. It has the DCDi as well as Burr Brown dacs. I not aware of the S840 but my player was considerably less than $999. Also I know the new 940 has the DCDi and sacd in a 5 disc changer for $ 500.

JoeHard

Stunt Coordinator
Charles,
Audio and video are first rate.5 disc changer with DVD-Audio and play exchange. I use it for music as well as movies. Nitpicks, disc change time is on the slower side, no sacd, and most puzzling, unit can not be powered up by remote, a pain if You have a remote that does macros.However Faroudja DCDi and Burr Brown dacs for less than $ 400.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks