What's new

Anyone know if the American version of "The Office" is having a second season? (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Never caught it, but I seem to recall that it was a ratings disaster that was cancelled in a matter of weeks - which ordinarily does not bode well for a second season. :) But maybe I'm thinking of some other crappy American remake of a British sitcom...

Regards,

Joe

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
The US version of The Office was never cancelled...

coupling US, on the other hand...

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
It was picked up for another go round. The "first" season was a limited run of 6 episodes and, in my opinion, was beginning to get into a groove as the season ended.

Definitely not a bomb like "American" Coupling.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Ah, that's the one I was vaguely recalling. Thanks. And sorry if I offended any U.S. Office fans.

Regards,

Joe

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I liked this show, and it definitely was gaining momentum towards the end of the season. Cant wait to see it next year.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I think that's the first time I've seen that sentiment expressed.
I'm generally pretty forgiving of sitcoms. Make me laugh and I'm there. I was on the Friends and Seinfeld bandwagon from the first or second ep because I saw the potential. Even though my friends were rolling their eyes at me at the time, they soon came around, as did the rest of the country obviously.
But the Americanized Coupling couldn't even make me crack a smile, it was soooo . . . . stilted is the best word I can think of. And I hadn't even seen the original at the time.
Yet it could't be the material, because I subsequently watched the BBC version on DVD and LOVED it. The material was very strongly the same. So the only explanation can be the comfort level and talent of the cast, managing to sell the funny.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I went to see Paul Feig ("Freaks and Geeks", "Undeclared") at a book signing in DC on Friday. In addition to mentioning that he's directing the season opener of "Arrested Development", he also said he's going to be directing some (up to 6, I think) episodes of the upcoming season of "The Office". Apparently, he's a big fan of Steve Carrell, and of the original series. Considering his talent for filming hilariously awkward and embarassing moments, it sounds like a perfect fit. I can't wait.

BrianV

Stunt Coordinator
The US version of The Office was fantastic ("They don't call them collared people") but was a bit of a ratings disaster, even sitting behind The Apprentice.

I was under the impression it had been cancelled, but it's on the NBC fall schedule, so they wisely brought it back. I really hope it gains enough of an audience to continue its run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks