What's new

Anyone Know If a New "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Movie Is in the Works? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Have you seen the TMNT Sing-Along videos, "Turtle Tunes" and "We Wish You a Turtle Chirstmas"? Those are also really bad.
(This site has info about TMNT videos, including the two sing-along ones I mentioned.) I never watched the Next Mutation, so I don't know if these videos are better or worse than that show.
Count me among those who prefer the new cartoon to the old one. My only complaint about the new show is that when Usagi Yojimbo characters show up, there names are often mispronounced.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Anybody else have the TMNT concert video on VHS? When the Turtles were a band. And the cassette which may or may not have been available at Pizza Hut. Maybe I just got it at Jamesway...

"We're the Turtles!! You can count on us!"

I played that audio cassette more times than I care to divulge.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
I used to have a vhs casette that showed behind the scenes of the first movie and you saw how they made the robotic puppets and stuff. It was cool.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Oh man that cassette tape. Dear lord that was probably my favorite tape when I was six-eight

"You gotta fight to be free
you gotta fight for what is right
you gotta fight to be free
but we need your help tonight
April you know we're with you
and that you'll be okay
"

"Keep on keep on keep on
skip-ping stones"

remember the MC hammer song (was that also on the tape?)
"They were once normal
but now they're mutants
Splinter's the teacher
and they are the students
leonardo michelango and donatello
make up the team with one other fellow
raphael
he's the leader of the group
transfomed from the norm by the nuclear goop
pizza's the food that's sure to please
these ninjas are in to peperoni and cheese

back to the story it's not hard to find
ninjas start tripping the body over the mind..."

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

That was on the TMNT movie soundtrack, but was not written my M.C. Hammer. (There was another song by Hammer on that soundtrack, though.)

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
I used to have a vhs casette that showed behind the scenes of the first movie and you saw how they made the robotic puppets and stuff. It was cool.
I still have that tape...well, I bought it off ebay years ago. They talk about how parents of children hated the violence in the first movie, and that's why it was so toned down in the sequel. I didn't even think about that until I saw that tape. And then I realized the Turtles hardly use their weapons at all in the second film.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Man, I can remember seeing the first episode the first time it ever came on. Guess I would have been 10. I was at daycare when I saw it.

Loved the show and bought (or had parents buy for me) many of the toys.

Some of my favorite characters were Usagi Yojimbo, Slash, Shredder, and of course, Casey Jones.

Josh.C

Second Unit
Did I read this thread right? Are we actually discussing another Ninja Turtles movie?
Man we really don't have alot to talk about any more.
Cowabunga Dude :thumbsdown:

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I hope that isn't the official poster that will be hanging in theaters because I'm not that impressed. I'll be seeing this one though. I was a kid at the height of "turtle-mania," so I feel obligated.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
In one of the interviews on the site, someone mentions that this new movie will not be an origin story, and will take place after the events of the first two movies.
Which is kind of cool since I think the first film did quite a good job on the origin. I guess they're going the "Superman Returns" root where the first two films CAN exist in continuity.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Yeah, and the story of the first film followed the original comic mini-series in many ways (at least according to my memory of the comic). Especially the final encounter with Shredder on the roof, so if this were another origin story that followed the comics, it would be almost like a remake.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks