What's new

Anyone know if a downloadable demo is available for Rogue Leader II? (1 Viewer)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I've never seen a playable demo for any Nintendo-platform game. I would recommend renting this game, however - while the rush of Star Wars Geek goodness is possibly the most intense ever, the game is not without its faults (I find it really difficult, to the point of dispair).

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I agree with Ian. I can't even bear to fire this game up anymore because it's just too damned hard! I want so bad to see the breathtaking levels and graphics, but I simply don't have the gaming time or patience to retry a level over and over and over. That said, I just can't seem to part with the game. I know someday I'll give it another chance.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I found that the missions were damn near impossible unless you read a FAQ in which case they became quite doable. It took me forever to beat "Imperial Academy Heist" and "Raid on Bespin" but I finally did. Now I'm just trying to finish strike at the core. I can't even seem to make it into the exhaust shaft without the Falcon getting the crap blown out of it.

James D S

Screenwriter
"Strike at the Core" will go down as one of the hardest levels I've ever had to beat. Took me forever!

Great game and worth the time. ESPECIALLY if you a Star Wars geek. It just doesn't get much better than this.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Strike at the Core was the one level on the game that made me scream like I was getting murdered. That is one tough level. If you think making into the exhaust shaft is hard, wait until you have to defend the Falcon "inside" the shaft. I am getting mad just thinking about that level. :)
However, every other level in the game is plain fun, especially the Battle of Endor and the level where the Star Destroyer is crashed in the water.
Rogue Leader is one Gamecube game I will never get rid of.
-Dean-

James D S

Screenwriter
However, every other level in the game is plain fun, especially the Battle of Endor and the level where the Star Destroyer is crashed in the water.
"Battle of Endor" was amazing. So much action and so few homing torpedos, knowwhatImean? And the Kothlis level was just plain fun. Right amount of TIEs and sub-missions make this the perfect level to fire up when you need a RS2 fix.

Early on I had my reservations with the bounds-limited flight sim aspect - as I had with the previous installment. But RS2 has proven to be quite fun and not as limiting as I had feared it would become. And above all, great replay value.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I almost beat Strike at the Core last night but failed. I had blown up the target and was following the falcon out of the shaft but couldn't get out fast enough so I was consumed by the fire. Oh well I guess I'll try again.

Shaun Gonzalez

Auditioning
Thing is, in Strike at the Core, the fire at the end is caused by how far behind the Falcon you get. So just stay on its tail, and not only will you be able to see where you should go to avoid stuff, but you won't have the fire at the edges of the screen.

Personally, I found the game's difficulty to be a little too far in the extremes. The base game itself is VERY simple. Between the vocal cues, and the targetting computer, the game pretty much holds your hand and tells you what you should be doing next.

Unfortunately, getting the medals is frustratingly hard.

Willy burz

Stunt Coordinator
There is no reason for anybody not to get to strike at the core. Once there I about broke my controller in disgust and coming close to finishing it...I did finish it soon after.
Awesome game, Best graphics around, but getting silvers and golds will pee you off. But unlocking ships is the key to getting the better medals!
As for all levels being hard? Pull up the targeting computer, primary objectives/targets are highlighted yellow.
The game rocks! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Soon after I got it...I got stuck on the level where you have to blow up a Star Destroyer. I kept playing it for around a month, but never got past it...and haven't tried it since last Christmas.

I'm in full fanboy mode, and I would like to give it another shot...where is the faq/guide located?

Willy burz

Stunt Coordinator
If you use Darth's advanced tic on Battle of endor, he has heat seeking proton torpedoes. You can actually see them if they miss the target right away they circle around and lock on. You can fire 5 at a time, it's soo cool to watch. You'll see them circling, crossing, etc as they lock on... sweet sight!

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
This game is very very very very hard... (I don't like flight sims all that much) but I love Star Wars, so I tried it... I can't even beat the training mission ... Gamefaqs have some great cheat codes... flying the buick is great!!

Jim

James D S

Screenwriter
Strike at the Core update: A friend came over the other day who happens to be a bigger SW nut than me (i.e. he liked Phantom Menace) and I showed him RS2. He of course was floored and thought it the coolest SW game he had seen. But something stange happened as I was demoing the last level - I beat it! Not really trying, just wanted to dink around and the next thing you know me and Lando are shooting out the other side of the Death Star as it blows up behind us.
Hooray! I feel complete now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks