1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know how to hook up for HK AVR-525 to do 6.1?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Halen, May 29, 2003.

1. Halen

Halen Stunt Coordinator

The manual on the Harman Kardon avr-525 has all the instructions for hooking up 5.1 & 7.1 speakers. However it doesn't say anything about 6.1 in the entire manual. Would I just hook up my center surround to one of the two rear surround terminals? And if I do would I be loosing any sound information that I would have gotten by using both speakers? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you guys in advance! I'm a bit new to HT, I had a sony HTIB that only had Prologic. I've broken down and have purchased a 6.1 Axiom speaker set up and a Harman Kardon AVR-525, I'll be using my onld sony DVD player along with a 61" (i think) Hitachi big screen (non-HD). I can't wait to get it all going!!!! [​IMG]

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The only difference between 6.1 and 7.1 is the extra channel. Both are the same information, so you will not lose any information by using only one.

3. Halen

Halen Stunt Coordinator

Thanks John! Now I can await to rock on as soon at the reciever gets here!!!

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul