1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know ASP Code?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Brett Hancock, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

All I have to do is make a survey that the user can fill out and then there answers will be written to a database or text file. I figured I would use ASP sense that seemed to be the easiest way to do it from the people that I talked to. I was just wondering if anyone would care to help me do this or give me a few resources to look at to help me along, sense I need to have it done bye Saturday and I have no idea what to do. This would be a huge help and I would appreciate it a ton. Thanks.

2. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Second Unit

yeah an ASP front end with an Access back end would work for it. Sorry I have forgotten all the ASP I used to know.

3. Simon_Lepine

Simon_Lepine Supporting Actor

You should do the tutorial on this site, it's very well done and should help you:

http://www.w3schools.com/asp/default.asp

You should use ADO to connect to a database, there is a turorial for that after the ASP one

Hope this helps

4. Simon_Lepine

Simon_Lepine Supporting Actor

Wanted to add, if you don't want to get into anything complicated and you feel you can compile your survey yourself, you can have a form submission be e-mailed to you
    ,like it's explained in this page:

http://home.att.net/~knoblock/mailto_forms.html

5. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Doing the form > database thing is uber simple. You could write this code in 30 minutes. I'd probably be willing to help out, depending on how in depth you wanna go.

I think any ASP for dummies book would have a tutorial on this type of stuff, if you wanna learn the language.

-Vince

PS: This forum does have a computer area, where something like this might have gotten more attention.

6. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

As was mentioned there are a lot of simple ASP tutorials. And, if you're using the latest and greatest tools, ASP.NET tutorials all over the place too (google helps). Hmmm, maybe check out www.codeguru.com , I think they will have a full range of tutorials and useful sample code for Visual Studio .NET, Visual Basic, and Visual C++.

I go there if I need to do complicated GUI work.