Anyone know ASP Code?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Brett Hancock, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

All I have to do is make a survey that the user can fill out and then there answers will be written to a database or text file. I figured I would use ASP sense that seemed to be the easiest way to do it from the people that I talked to. I was just wondering if anyone would care to help me do this or give me a few resources to look at to help me along, sense I need to have it done bye Saturday and I have no idea what to do. This would be a huge help and I would appreciate it a ton. Thanks.

2. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Second Unit

yeah an ASP front end with an Access back end would work for it. Sorry I have forgotten all the ASP I used to know.

3. Simon_Lepine

Simon_Lepine Supporting Actor

You should do the tutorial on this site, it's very well done and should help you:

http://www.w3schools.com/asp/default.asp

You should use ADO to connect to a database, there is a turorial for that after the ASP one

Hope this helps

4. Simon_Lepine

Simon_Lepine Supporting Actor

Wanted to add, if you don't want to get into anything complicated and you feel you can compile your survey yourself, you can have a form submission be e-mailed to you
    ,like it's explained in this page:

http://home.att.net/~knoblock/mailto_forms.html

5. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Doing the form > database thing is uber simple. You could write this code in 30 minutes. I'd probably be willing to help out, depending on how in depth you wanna go.

I think any ASP for dummies book would have a tutorial on this type of stuff, if you wanna learn the language.

-Vince

PS: This forum does have a computer area, where something like this might have gotten more attention.

6. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

As was mentioned there are a lot of simple ASP tutorials. And, if you're using the latest and greatest tools, ASP.NET tutorials all over the place too (google helps). Hmmm, maybe check out www.codeguru.com , I think they will have a full range of tutorials and useful sample code for Visual Studio .NET, Visual Basic, and Visual C++.

I go there if I need to do complicated GUI work.